g. Replace gasoline cap and tighten securely.
h. If gasoline is spilled, wipe it off the engine
and equipment. Move machine to another
area. Wait 5 minutes before starting the
Never store the machine or fuel container
inside where there is an open flame, spark,
or pilot light (e.g. furnace, water heater,
space heater, clothes dryer, etc.)
To reduce a fire hazard, keep machine free
of grass, leaves, or other debris build-up.
Clean up oil or fuel spillage and remove any
fuel soaked debris.
k. Allow machine to cool at least 5 minutes
1. Do not put hands and feet near rotating parts or in
the feeding chambers and discharge opening.
Contact with the rotating impeller can amputate
fingers, hands, and feet.
2. Before starting the machine, make sure the chipper
chute, feed intake, and cutting chamber are empty
and free of all debris.
3. Thoroughly inspect all material to be shredded and
remove any metal, rocks, bottles, cans, or other
foreign objects which could cause personal injury
or damage to the machine.
4. If it becomes necessary to push material through
the shredder hopper, use a small diameter stick. Do
not use your hands or feet.
5. If the impeller strikes a foreign object or if your
machine should start making an unusual noise or
vibration, immediately shut the engine off. Allow the
impeller to come to a complete stop. Disconnect
spark plug wire and keep away from spark plug.
Perform the following steps:
a. Inspect for damage.
b. Repair or replace any damaged parts.
c. Check for any loose parts and tighten to
assure continued safe operation.
6. Do not allow an accumulation of processed
material to build up in the reduction chamber. This
can prevent proper discharge and result in kickback
of material through the feed opening.
7. Do not attempt to shred or chip material larger than
specified on the machine or in this manual.
Personal injury or machine damage could result.
8. Never attempt to unclog the chipper chute or
discharge opening while the engine is running.
Shut the engine off, wait until all moving parts have
stopped, disconnect spark plug wire and keep
away from spark plug before clearing debris.
understand and follow the warnings and instructions in this manual and on the machine.
- YOUR RESPONSIBILITY: Restrict the use of this power machine to persons who read,
9. Never operate without the shredder hopper,
chipper chute, or chute deflector properly attached
to the machine. Never install or remove debris
collection bag while the engine is running.
10. Keep all guards, deflectors and safety devices in
place and operating properly.
11. Keep your face and body back and to the side of
the chipper chute while feeding material into the
machine to avoid accidental kickback injuries.
12. Never operate this machine without good visibility
13. Do not operate this machine on a paved, gravel or
14. Do not operate this machine while under the
influence of alcohol or drugs.
15. Muffler and engine become hot and can cause a
burn. Do not touch.
16. Never pick up or carry machine while the engine is
MAINTENANCE AND STORAGE
1. Never tamper with safety devices. Check their
proper operation regularly.
2. Check bolts and screws for proper tightness at
frequent intervals to keep the machine in safe
working condition. Also, visually inspect machine
for any damage and repair, if needed.
3. Before cleaning, repairing, or inspecting, stop the
engine and make certain the impeller and all
moving parts have stopped. Disconnect spark plug
wire and keep away from spark plug to prevent
4. Do not change the engine governor settings or
overspeed the engine. The governor controls the
maximum safe operating speed of the engine.
5. Maintain or replace safety and instruction labels, as
6. Follow this manual for safe loading, unloading,
transporting, and storage of this machine.
7. Never store the machine or fuel container inside
where there is an open flame, spark or pilot light
such as a water heater, furnace, clothes dryer, etc.
8. Always refer to the operator's manual for proper
instructions on off-season storage.
9. If the fuel tank has to be drained, do this outdoors.
10. Observe proper disposal laws and regulations for
gas, oil, etc. to protect the environment.