Using Smart Diagnosis
• For appliances with the
Smart Diagnosis Through the
Customer Information Centre
Use this function if you need an accurate
diagnosis by an LG Electronics customer
information centre when the appliance
malfunctions or fails. Use this function only to
contact the service representative, not during
Press the Lock button to activate the lock
• If the display has been locked for over 5
minutes, you must deactivate the lock and
then reactivate it.
Open the fridge door and then hold the
phone on the upper right speaker hole.
• Position the phone so that its microphone
is aligned with the speaker hole.
Press and hold the Freezer button for three
seconds or longer while continuing to hold
your phone to the speaker.
• Position the phone so that its microphone is
aligned with the speaker hole.
• The Smart Diagnosis sound is generated after
around three seconds.
• Hold the phone to the upper right speaker
hole and wait while the data is transmitted.
• Do not take the phone off the speaker hole
while the data is transmitted.
• The data transfer sound may be harsh to the
ear while the Smart Diagnosis data is being
transmitted, but do not take the phone off the
speaker hole for accurate diagnosis until the
data transfer sound has stopped.
• When the data transfer is complete, the
transfer completion message is displayed and
the control panel is automatically turned off
and then on again after a few seconds.
Afterwards the customer information centre
explains the diagnosis result.
• The Smart Diagnosis function depends on the
local call quality.
• The communication performance will improve
and you can transmit a better signal if you use
a land line home phone.
• If the Smart Diagnosis data transfer is poor
due to poor call quality, you may not receive
the best Smart Diagnosis service.
After the data transfer is complete, the
service agent will explain the result of the