1. To reduce risk of injury, charge only the rechargeable
Motorola authorized batteries listed in Table 1.1. Other
batteries may explode, causing personal injury and
W A R N I N G
2. Use of accessories not recommended by Motorola may result in
risk of fire, electric shock, or injury.
3. To reduce risk of damage to the electric plug and cord of the
DUC, pull by the plug rather than the cord when disconnecting
4. To reduce risk of damage to the CLA and cord of the Vehicular
Charger, pull by the CLA rather than the cord when disconnecting
5. An extension cord should not be used unless absolutely
necessary. Use of an improper extension cord could result in risk
of fire and electric shock. If an extension cord must be used,
make sure that the cord size is 18 AWG for lengths of up to
100 feet (30.48 m), and 16 AWG for lengths up to 150 feet
6. To reduce risk of fire, electric shock, or injury, DO NOT operate
the charger if it has been broken or damaged in any way. Take it
to a qualified Motorola service representative.
7. DO NOT disassemble the charger – it is not repairable and
replacement parts are not available. Disassembly of the charger
may result in risk of electric shock or fire.
8. To reduce risk of electric shock of the DUC, unplug the charger
from the AC outlet before attempting any maintenance or
9. To reduce risk of electric shock of the Vehicular Charger, unplug
the Vehicular Charger from the CLA power source before
attempting any maintenance or cleaning.
10. This is a class A product. In a domestic environment this product
may cause radio interference in which case the user may be
required to take adequate measures.
Table 1.1: Motorola Authorized Battery
Kit (Part) Number
Battery Standard Li-Ion 1750M1880T
The Dual-Unit Charger is not designed to accommodate the
alkaline battery tray.
OPERATIONAL SAFETY GUIDELINES
Dual-Unit Charger PMLN6714_
This equipment is not suitable for outdoor use. Use only in dry
Ensure the WRSM with attached battery or battery alone is dry before
inserting into the Dual-Unit Charger.
Connect equipment only to an appropriately wired power supply of
the correct voltage (as specified on the product). Disconnect from line
voltage by removing main plug.
The socket outlet to which this equipment is connected should be
close by and easily accessible.
Maximum ambient temperature around the Dual-Unit Charger
equipment must not exceed 50 °C (122 °F).
Output voltage from the power supply unit must not exceed the
ratings stated on the product label located on the power supply.
Make sure the cord is located where it will not be stepped on, tripped
over, or subjected to water, damage, or stress.