E-MON INTERVAL DATA RECORDER
4.0 AC ADAPTER
1. The AC adapter's two-wire cord must be plugged into the IDR at TB20. (The polarity of these wires does not
2. Plug the AC adapter into a 120 VAC outlet.
NOTE: The AC adapter is designed to be used with a 120 VAC outlet only.
3. The IDR should now be energized. Perform the visual checks.
Verify the status of the LED indicators on the IDR circuit board. (See Appendix B for locations.)
1. Power Supply Indicators
- LCD backlite -> if the IDR is powered, the LCD backlite is on.
2. Meter LED Indicators
There are three groups of LEDs located on the main power board:
• Meter status - BEAT, STATUS and LOAD
• RS-485 communication – TX and RX
• Ethernet communication – ACT and LINK
NOTE: The AC adapter provides an isolated 9 VAC/300 mA power source for the IDR. Contact Honeywell E-
Mon at (800) 334-3666 if another power supply is to be used.
Table 1. LED Chart
Ethernet communication activity - blink
Ethernet connection - solid LED on