• If you are connecting a terminal to this interface and want this terminal to
be the system console, set this switch to 1, which is opposite that shown
in Figure 10-10.
• If you are connecting a terminal to this interface but do not want this
terminal to be the system console, or if you are connecting any other
device, set this switch to 0 as shown in Figure 10-10.
Reinstalling the RS-232 Card
Insert the RS-232 Interface, component side up, into its slot. Tighten the
thumb screws on the metal end plate until the end plate is flush with the back
of the controller.
Plug in your controller's power cord and video cable, then turn on your
monitor and controller.
2. When the keyboard line appears, press
a few times to go into
3. Check the interfaces listed on the left-hand side of the screen:
• If the message,
is listed, you have correctly installed the RS-232
• If the message above does not appear, check the installation procedure
and configuration settings, making sure there are no select code conflicts
and that the card is firmly seated in an even-numbered slot. If the
message still does not appear, call your HP Service Representative for
Filling Out the Worksheets
The following "Worksheet Entries" contain information needed to use the
RS-232 Interface with various language/operating systems. Refer to the table
for the system you'll be using.
Copy this information to a worksheet or simply remember to refer here when
you need it.
If you changed the select code, write in your new select code instead of 9.
Configuring Popular Accessory Cards