2. Set the Remote switch as follows:
• If you are connecting a terminal to port 1 of this interface and want the
terminal on port 1 to be the system console, set this switch to 1 (remote),
which is opposite that shown in Figure 10-7.
Be aware that the boot ROM will not recognize this terminal as the
system console, even though HP-UX will. No boot ROM messages will
appear on the associated terminal; therefore, do not use the HP 98642A as
a system console until after HP - UX is installed.
• If you are connecting a terminal to port 1 of this interface but do not
want the terminal on port 1 to be the system console, set this switch to 0
(local) as shown in Figure 10-7.
Reinstalling the 4-Port Multiplexer Card
Insert the multiplexer interface, component side up, into its slot. Tighten the
thumb screws on the metal end plate until the end plate is flush with the back
of the controller.
1. Plug in your controller's power cord and video cable, then turn on your
monitor and controller.
2. When the keyboard line appears, press
a few times to go into
3. Check the interfaces listed on the left-hand side of the screen:
• If the message,
is listed, you have correctly installed the
multiplexer interface card.
• If the message above does not appear, check the installation procedure
and configuration settings, making sure there are no select code conflicts
and that the card is firmly seated in an even-numbered slot. If the
message still does not appear, call your HP Service Representative for
Configuring Popular Accessory Cards