8. Check the RS-485 biasing jumpers on the existing
unit, and duplicate on the replacement unit (See
"Disassembling the controller." on page 11.)
9. Mount the replacement controller as it was previ-
ously, using the same DIN rail location and/or
10. Reconnect/remount any removed accessory mod-
ules, being careful to replace in the same order,
using the same DIN rail location and/or screws.
Secure all modules as done previously.
11. Reconnect the earth ground wire to the controller's
grounding lug and any installed accessory modules.
12. Reconnect any Ethernet, serial, modem, and I/O
13. If using IO modules, and any of your I/O points have
voltage, turn the devices back on, or reconnect
power to them.
14. Replace the cover. See "Removing and Replacing
the Cover" on page 4.
15. Restore power to the unit. It should boot up as a
new unit (See "Check the Status LED" on page 12.).
16. Using the WEBs-AX platform tools, re-commission
the controller, and install the saved station data-
base. For more details, see the JACE WEBs-AX
Install and Startup Guide.
Returning a Defective Unit
For proper credit on an in-warranty unit, ship the defective
unit per the vendor's return material procedures.
NOTE: If the defective unit is under warranty, please
follow return instructions provided in this
If the unit is out of warranty, please discard
any replaced part. Do not return an out-of-
WEB-300E, WEB-600E/U, CP-300E, CP-600E/U SERIES CONTROLLERS
Prior to returning the unit, contact your vendor to obtain a
return materials authorization (RMA) number and other
• Product model
• Serial number
• Nature of the defect
• PO number to secure the RMA
The WEB/CP-300E and WEB/CP-600E/U controller each
has the following agency listings, compliances, and
• UL 916 - Underwriters Laboratories, Energy
Management Device, CAN/CSA C22.2 Canadian
• FCC Part 15, Class B - Federal Communications
• ICES-003, Class B - Industry Canada Interference-
Causing Equipment Standard
• EU 202/95/EC RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous
• CE Declaration of Conformity (Council Directive 004-
For complete details on listings and compliances for these
controllers, refer to the document Agency Listings and
Approvals for Tridium Hardware Products.
TAB MOUNTING DIMENSIONS
Measurements are in inches and (mm). Note that DIN
mounting is recommended over tab mounting. See Fig. 1
on page 4.