WARNING: Before you assemble the
product, you must read and understand the
WARNING: Remove the spark plug cable
from the spark plug before you assemble the
To assemble and adjust the handle
1. Remove the handle nut and the washer from the
plate on the upper handle.
2. Put the upper handle in position on top of the lower
CAUTION: Make sure that the wires are
not caught or become damaged.
WARNING: Before you operate the product,
you must read and understand the safety
Before you operate the product
1. Read the operator's manual carefully and make sure
that you understand the instructions.
2. Examine the cutting equipment to make sure that it
is correctly attached and adjusted. See
the cutting equipment on page 13 .
3. Fill the fuel tank. See
4. Fill the oil tank and do a check of the oil level. See
To do a check of the oil level on page 14 .
To fill fuel
If available, use low-emission/alkylate gasoline. If low-
emission/alkylate gasoline is not available, use good
quality unleaded gasoline or leaded gasoline with octane
number not less than 90.
CAUTION: Do not use gasoline with an
octane number less than 90 RON (87 AKI).
This can cause damage to the product.
1. Open the fuel tank cap slowly to release the
741 - 002 - 11.10.2018
To fill fuel on page 11 .
3. Attach the washer and the handle nut.(Fig. 15 )
4. Turn the handle to the side for a good operation
position when you operate the product near a wall.
(Fig. 16 )
5. Turn the adjustment wheels on the chassis to adjust
the handle vertically.(Fig. 17 )
To assemble the mulch plug
1. Tilt the product rearward with the spark plug up.
2. Put the pins of the mulch plug into the holes from the
inner side of the cutting cover.(Fig. 18 )
3. Attach the screws for the mulch plug from the outer
side of the cutting cover.(Fig. 19 )
2. Fill slowly with a fuel can. If you spill fuel, remove it
with a cloth and let remaining fuel dry off.
3. Clean the area around the fuel tank cap.
4. Tighten the fuel tank cap fully. If the fuel tank cap is
not tightened, there is a risk of fire.
5. Move the product a minimum of 3 m (10 ft) from the
position where you filled the tank before a start.
To set the cutting height
The cutting height can be adjusted in 6 levels.
1. Move the cutting height lever forward to increase the
2. Move the cutting height lever rearward to decrease
the cutting height.
To start the product
1. Make sure that the ignition cable is connected to the
2. Open the fuel valve.(Fig. 20 )
3. Stay behind the product.
4. Hold the engine brake handle against the handlebar.
(Fig. 21 )
5. Hold the starter rope handle with your right hand.
CAUTION: Do not set the cutting height too
low. The blades can hit the ground if the
surface of the lawn is not level.