16. Reboot the 7036-P16 in order for the changes to take effect. Type the following command: boot action=reset
This completes the Direct Attach method for upgrading the firmware and POST from the command line.
Upgrading firmware using the Web
Gather the following information:
IP address of target 7036-P16: [7036-P16 IP address]
IP address of host server: [host server IP address]
Root password of target 7036-P16.
AIX or Linux host server with access to the Web.
7036-P16 fully configured and attached to an Ethernet network.
Do the following:
1. The next steps are used to determine the firmware and POST levels on the 7036-P16. Access the web interface of the target
7036-P16 by entering the IP address in a browser's URL window and login as root.
2. Choose Update Firmware under Administration from the main menu. The current firmware and boot levels will be displayed
as follows: Firmware: Version 82000684_(level) (date of last update), Post: 82000685_(level) (date of last update).
3. The following steps are used to determine if the firmware or POST on the 7036-P16 needs to be updated.
Use the host sever to access the following Web site to check for the latest firmware and boot updates:
4. Click on Other Devices.
5. Scroll to and click on LAN Attached RAN 16.
6. Read the release notes to determine the latest levels of the firmware and POST available on this web site.
7. Compare the levels available on this web site to the levels in step
8. If the firmware and POST versions are the same as in step 2, then the firmware and POST on the target 7036-P16 are current
and nothing more is needed. Complete this procedure by logging out from the IBM Support Site.
9. If the firmware version is not the same as in step
updated. Download a copy of the firmware to a directory on the host server and make a note of the directory and the file
name. For example: /tmp/82000684_L.bin
10. If the POST version is not the same as in step
updated. Download a copy of the POST to a directory on the host server and make a note of the directory and the file name.
For example: /tmp/82000685_E.bin
11. Log out from the IBM support Web site.
12. The next steps are done only if the firmware or POST needs to be updated. These steps assume the user did not log out from
7036-P16 after step 2. Browse to the location on the host system where the files from steps
correct file, and click Update.
13. Reboot the 7036-P16 when your are prompted.
14. Access the 7036-P16's Web interface and verify on the Information page that the firmware version has been successfully
, then the firmware on the target 7036-P16 is not current and it needs to be
, then the POST on the target 7036-P16 is not current and it needs to be
are saved, select the