SERVICE NOTES AND PRECAUTIONS
LASER BEAM SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
NOTES FOR TRANSPORT AND STORAGE
1. The pickup should always be kept in its conductive bag
2. The pickup should never be subjected to external pres-
sure or impact.
Storage in conductive bag
1. The pickup incorporates a strong magnet, and so should
never be brought close to magnetic materials.
2. The pickup should always be handled correctly and care-
fully, taking care to avoid external pressure and impact. If
it is subjected to strong pressure or impact, the result may
be an operational malfunction and/or damage to the
printed circuit board.
3. Each and every pickup is already individually adjusted to
a high degree of precision, and for that reason the adjust-
ment point and installation screws should be absolutely
never be touched.
4. Laser beam may damage the eyes!
Absolutely never permit laser beams to enter the eyes!
Also NEVER switch ON the power to the laser output part
(lens, etc.) of the pickup if it is damaged.
5. Cleaning the lens surface
If there is dust on the lens surface, the dust should be
cleaned away by using an air brush (such as one used for
camera lens). The lens is held by a delicate spring.
6. Never attempt to disassemble the pickup.
— 2 —
NEVER look directly at the
laser, and do not let contact
fingers of other exposed