TOOLS AND PARTS
Check that you have everything necessary for
correct installation. Proper installation is your
Assemble the required tools and parts before
starting installation. Read and follow the in-
structions provided with any tools listed here.
• Caulking gun and compound (for installing
new exhaust vent)
• Flat-blade screwdriver
• Adjustable wrench that opens to 1" (2.5 cm) or
hex-head socket wrench (for adjusting dryer
• Tin snips (new vent installations)
• 1/4" nut driver or socket wrench
• Vent clamps
Gas dryers only:
• 8" or 10" pipe wrench
• 8"or 10" adjustable wrench (for gas connec-
• Pipe-joint compound resistant to L.P. gas
Electric dryers only:
• Wire stripper (direct wire installations)
• #2 phillips screwdriver
Remove parts packages from dryer drum.
Check that all parts are included.
4 Leveling legs
NOTE: Do not use leveling legs if installing the
dryer on a pedestal.
Check local codes and with gas supplier. Check
existing gas supply, electrical supply, and vent-
ing. Read "Electrical Requirements," "Gas
Supply Requirements," and "Venting Require-
ments" before purchasing parts.
• For close-clearance installations between
31.5" (80.01 cm) and 37" (93.98 cm), see
"Plan Vent System" section for venting re-
Mobile home installations require special parts
(listed following) that may be ordered by calling
the dealer from whom you purchased your
• Mobile Home Installation Kit, Part Number
• Metal exhaust system hardware.
A pedestal (LAB2700PMT/LAB2700LQ) may
be purchased separately for this dryer. This
pedestal will add about 13" (33 cm) to the
height of the unit for a total vertical height of
approximately 51" (130 cm).
OPTIONAL STACK KIT
To stack your washer and dryer, you will need
to purchase Stack Kit, Part Number 8541503.