“Cet appareil numérique de la classe B respecte toutes les exigences du Règlement sur le matériel brouilleur du Canada.” IrCOMM (9-wire) is a trademark owned by Link Evolution Corporation and is used by TOSHIBA TEC under license. IrDA Protocol Stack Deep Core The B-415-GH25-QM is equipped with a wireless communication device, TEC-BTM.
Safety Summary The B-415-GH25-QM is equipped with a wireless communication device, TEC-BTM. Please be sure to read the enclosed Precautions for Handling of Wireless Communication Devices before using this product. Precautions for Handling of Wireless Communication Devices ® Bluetooth Module: TEC-BTM Trade Mark Bluetooth is a trademark owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc.
TOSHIBA TEC sales agent. Do not disassemble, modify, or repair the product. Doing so may cause injury. Also, modification is against the Laws and Regulations for Radio Equipment. Please ask your TOSHIBA TEC sales agent for repair. Precaution in use This product communicates with other devices by radio.
Do not attempt to effect repairs to this equipment. If a fault occurs that cannot be rectified using the proce- dures described in this manual, turn off the power, then contact your authorised TOSHIBA TEC repre- sentative for assistance.
• Because the B-415-BT battery is exclusively for the B-415 printer, do not use the battery in other machines. Doing so may damage the battery or affect the performance and life of the battery. Precautions The following precautions will help to ensure that this machine will continue to function correctly.
CAUTION: 1. This manual may not be copied in whole or in part without prior written permission of TOSHIBA TEC. 2. The contents of this manual may be changed without notification. 3. Please refer to your local Authorized Service representative with regard to any queries you may have in this manual.
Thank you for purchasing the TEC B-415 series portable printer. The B-415 printer displays its high performance with extraordinarily high speed printing up to 50.8 mm/ sec. It has a considerably compact and light body of 111 mm in height, 180 mm* in width and 57 mm in depth, weighing about 800 g.
2. SPECIFICATIONS 2. SPECIFICATIONS 2.1 Printer Item Dimensions Weight Operating temperature Operating humidity Issue mode Print head Print method Print head dot density Print speed Effective print width Fonts Bar code types Interface Power source * Data Matrix is a trademark of International Data Matrix, Inc. PDF417 is a trademark of Symbol Technologies, Inc.
Protocol Signals NOTE: This printer requires an exclusive printer cable. When purchasing it, please contact your authorized TOSHIBA TEC representative. 2.4 Radio Interface (for GH34 model) The following specification is applicable only to the GB and QP models. Item Type...
2. SPECIFICATIONS 2.9 Media Label Media type Item A: Label/Receipt Pitch B: Label/Receipt length Width including backing paper D: Media width E: Gap/Black mark length F: Backing paper end G: Effective print width H: Effective print length I: Non print area J: Black mark width K: Inner diameter of paper core Outer diameter of paper core...
3. APPEARANCE 3. APPEARANCE 3.1 Front/Rear View Front View Power Switch Status Indicator PRINT BATTERY ERROR Media Cover Media Cover Serial Interface Release Catch Connector (RS-232C) Fig. 3-1 3.2 Description of LED Lamp PRINT LED (Green) Lights up for 2 or 3 seconds together with BATTERY and ERROR LEDs when the power is turned Lights up during the data transmission and the printing.
4. LOADING AND REMOVING THE BATTERY 4. LOADING AND REMOVING THE BATTERY CAUTION: 1. Be sure to turn off the printer before loading the battery. 2. Use the specified battery only. Failure to do this may cause fire or electric shock. 3.
4. LOADING AND REMOVING THE BATTERY • TO CHARGE THE BATTERY PACK This printer includes no battery charger. Charging the battery requires an exclusive battery charger. Please order the following one to your authorized TOSHIBA TEC representative if neces- sary. Part Name Description CHARGE Connect the AC power cord to the charger.
Remove the battery pack from this unit, then install the same battery pack again. If the ERROR lamp flashes again: If the ERROR lamp flashes again: Please contact your Authorized TOSHIBA TEC representative in connection with the product with the problem. 5. ATTACHING THE SHOULDER STRAP Attach the provided shoulder strap to the shoulder strap holders as Fig.5-1 shows.
Interface Cables NOTE: This printer requires an exclusive printer cable, shielded, 1.5 m maximum length. When purchasing it, please contact your authorized TOSHIBA TEC representative. To prevent radiation and reception of electrical noise, the interface cables must meet the following requirements: •...
7. LOADING THE LABEL 7. LOADING THE LABEL NOTES: 1. In the strip issue mode, you should use the printer with the side in which the model name sticker is attached downward because the backing paper is issued from the bottom of the printer.
7. LOADING THE LABEL Load the liner backed label roll as Fig.7-3 shows. Slide the paper guide (R) to accommodate the label roll width, and then push the release lever downward to fix the paper guide (R). NOTE: Before fixing the paper guide (R), make sure that the label roll rotates smoothly without moving from side to side.
7. LOADING THE LABEL Push down the media cover until the two cover release catches click back into the lock position. NOTE: If the media cover is open and unlocked, an error will result and the printing will not be performed.
7. LOADING THE LABEL Attach the linerless adapters to the paper guides. Loading the linerless label roll is basically the same as described in the liner backed label roll. However in the case of the linerless label roll, its width may exceed the specified range (104.6 mm, +0/-0.5) due to having been rolled unevenly.
8. ISSUING THE MEDIA CAUTIONS: 1. Radio communication between a handy terminal and the B-415 printer is guaranteed when the handy terminal is in the operator’s hand and the printer is secured at the waist. Proper radio communication may not be obtained when used in other conditions and in areas subject to noise and radio interference.
SERIAL NO. IrDA Media 00123 0000000000 0000000000 0000000000 0000000000 512KB R:2.9V T:0.5V P:1.9V H:+25 C A:+25 C 8.3V (OVER 220 LABELS) PARAMETER [B-415] [PC-850]  +0.0mm MODEL NAME B-415-GH Series 2.0V TPCL-LE 3S000001 IrCOMM 00123 0000000000 0000000000 0000000000 0000000000 512KB R:2.9V T:0.5V P:1.9V H:+25 C A:+25 C...
9. SELF-DIAGNOSTIC TEST PRINT Pressing the [FEED] button again issues the second label of the test print. Pressing the [FEED] button once more, issues the second label of the test print again. Regarding the print contents refer to the specifications. 9.
10. CARE/HANDLING OF THE MEDIA 10. CARE/HANDLING OF THE MEDIA CAUTION: Be sure to read carefully and understand the Supply Manual. Use only media which meets the specified requirements. Use of non-specified media may shorten the head life and result in problems with bar code readability or print quality.
Remove paper particles or stains from the feed gap sensor, black mark sensor, and the strip sensor with a soft cloth. NOTE: Be sure to use the provided print head cleaner. Please order it to your authorized TOSHIBA TEC representative if necessary. Print Head Cleaner Print Head Strip Sensor...
11. GENERAL MAINTENANCE 11.2 Covers and Operation Panel The covers should be cleaned by wiping with a dry cloth or a cloth slightly dampened with a mild detergent solution. NOTE: Clean the printer cover with an electrostatic free cleaner for automated office equipment. CAUTIONS: 1.
12. LED DISPLAY AND TROUBLESHOOTING If you cannot solve a problem with the following solutions, do not attempt to repair the printer yourself. Turn off the printer, then contact your authorized TOSHIBA TEC representative for assistance. When a problem occurs during operation, the LED indicator will blink or stay on continuously. Refer to the following troubleshooting guide and take corrective action.
13. ERROR PROCESS 13. ERROR PROCESS When the printer detects the errors shown below, it will make the ERROR LED flashing (repeat of ON and OFF at the interval of 0.1 sec.), and wait for a command sent from the host after stopping the performance.