1600EP Single Phase Uninterruptible Power Supply Systems
Option Guide Specifications
Maintenance Bypass Switch
Part #: ECB-MBP2
This item is a maintenance bypass to be used with Toshiba UPS. The bypass is wall-mount style
to be used for UPS applications involving 240VAC input and 240VAC output.
The components of the panel are produced by Square D. The panel consists of three pieces. One
piece is the enclosure itself. The other two pieces are both 100 Amp, double-pole breakers.
Square D manufactures the enclosure.
dimensions of 8.88"W, 12.57"H, and 3.80"D.
There are two identical breakers inside the panel. Square D provides the breakers, as well. The
breaker used has Square D part number QO6-12L100DF/S. The breakers are labeled MIS and
Under normal operation, the MIS breaker is closed, and M/B breaker is open. The main input
breaker of the UPS is closed, and RUN/STOP switch is in the RUN position.
Moving to Maintenance Bypass:
To utilize the maintenance bypass, follow these steps:
1. Place the Toshiba UPS into static bypass mode by flipping the RUN/STOP switch to
the STOP position.
2. Close the M/B breaker.
3. Open the MIS breaker of the bypass switch.
4. Open the main input breaker of the UPS.
3.2 Instructions for Moving from Maintenance Bypass Mode to UPS On-Line Operation Mode:
1. Verify the UPS RUN/STOP switch is in the STOP position.
2. Close the main input breaker of the UPS.
3. Close the MIS breaker of the bypass switch. This will cause utility power to feed
through both the UPS and the main input panel.
4. Open the M/B breaker. Now utility is feeding your load through the UPS.
5. Place the Toshiba UPS into On-Line Operation by flipping the RUN/STOP switch to
the RUN position.
The enclosure is a Class 1130 Load Center with