If you want to personalize your ProntoNEO even more beyond its standard
programming features, NEOedit is the tool for you to use. NEOedit is the
ProntoNEO's companion software that you find on the included CD-ROM. You can
find more information and updates of the software on
NEOedit is the visual editor for creating and configuring ProntoNEO Configuration
Files (NCF) on your computer. An NCF is a file that is used to define the ProntoNEO
behaviour and look for the LCD touch screen.
With NEOedit you can:
• define the types and brands of your devices;
• generate the Device Overview;
• design the page layout and the appearance of buttons;
• configure the behavior of the hard buttons and soft buttons;
• access NEOedit's extended help system by pressing F1.
• save, duplicate and share NCFs, devices, buttons, bitmaps or codes with
• preview the NCF on the NEOemulator;
• download the new configurations to your ProntoNEO by means of the included
1 Plug one end of the serial cable in the serial port on your computer.
2 Plug the other end of the serial cable in the serial port on the
It is advised to make backup copies of your own configurations. This can be done
When the ProntoNEO is connected to the PC, the battery lifetime may be reduced.