Note: The REC button must be pressed TWICE to
record from your VCR. For some brands of VCRs, you
might need to press the REC button once, then press it
again for three seconds.
Some buttons on the remote might have functions that
are referred to by different names on the device you are
controlling. E.G., PREV.CHAN may be called RECALL,
or ENTER may be called DISPLAY. These differences
depend on the brand and model of your product. Also,
this remote can only operate features that exist on your
product. E.G., your product must have PREV.CHAN
ability for the PREV.CHAN button to operate this
Button Functions, cont.
1. Red Indicator Lights when any button is pressed.
2. TV, VCR/DVD, CBL Selects product to be oper-
3. NUMBERS Enter numbers for direct channel
selection. Some products require Enter to be
pressed after channel selection.
4. ENTER Used after direct channel number entry to
immediately change to the selected channel.
5. QUIT Used to exit menu functions.
6. MENU brings up the DVD disc Menu screen - use
with the UP, DOWN, LEFT & RIGHT navigation
7. VOLUME UP/DOWN Changes the volume level of
the product, normally the TV.
8. OK Selects menu items for the device you are
9. MUTE Turns off the TV sound while the picture
10. SLEEP Turns off the TV after a period of 1 to 99
11. RECORD, PLAY, STOP, REW, FF, PAUSE
VCR control buttons operate your VCR even when
the remote is set to operate the TV. Also operates
DVD Scan -/+.
12. PREV. CHAN Returns to the previously selected
channel, or DVD repeat toggle. REPEAT performs
DVD players "A-B Repeat" (or RPT A.B) function
for repeat play of current Chapter or Track.
13. CC (SUBTITLE) TV Closed Caption (if your TV has
this feature) or DVD Subtitle toggle.
14. UP, DOWN, LEFT & RIGHT navigation buttons.
15. CHANNEL UP/DOWN Changes the channels.
CHAPTER +/- controls DVD/CD track selection,
i.e., DVD/CD Track Skip Up/Down (in DVD and
SAT modes). Note the VCR buttons also control
DVD when in DVD Mode.
16. INFO/SELECT Displays/selects on-screen channel
17. TV/VCR/INPUT For some TVs, press repeatedly to
select from available viewing sources (antenna,
cable box, VCR, etc.).
18. SETUP Used for setup.
19. POWER Turns product On or Off.