Note: The REC button must be pressed TWICE to
record from your VCR. For some brands of VCRs, you
might need to press the REC button once, then press it
again for three seconds.
Some buttons on the remote might have functions that
are referred to by different names on the device you are
controlling. E.G. PREV.CHAN may be called RECALL, or
ENTER may be called DISPLAY. These differences
depend on the brand and model of your product. Also,
this remote can only operate features that exist on your
product. E.G., your product must have PREV.CHAN
ability for the PREV.CHAN button to operate this
Button Functions, cont.
1. Red Indicator Lights when any button is pressed.
2. TV, VCR, CBL, DVD, CD, SAT Selects product to
3. NUMBERS Enter numbers for direct channel
selection. Some products require Enter to be
pressed after channel selection.
4. ENTER Used after direct channel number entry to
immediately change to the selected channel.
5. MENU brings up the DVD disc Menu screen - use with
the UP, DOWN, LEFT & RIGHT navigation buttons.
6. GUIDE brings up the DVD Title Menu screen.
Displays on-screen program guide.
7. VOLUME UP/DOWN Changes the volume level of
the product, normally the TV.
8. UP, DOWN, LEFT & RIGHT navigation buttons.
9. OK Selects menu items for the device you are
10. MUTE Turns off the TV sound while the picture
11. PIP TV Picture-in- Picture control.
12. CC (SUBTITLE) TV Closed Caption (if your TV has
this feature) or DVD Subtitle toggle.
13. RECORD, PLAY, STOP, REW, FF, PAUSE
VCR control buttons operate your VCR even when
the remote is set to operate the TV. Also operates
DVD Scan -/+.
14. LEARN Used to setup learning functions.
15. SLEEP Turns off the TV after a period of 1 to 99
minutes. Brings up DVD Subtitle Menu.
16. MOVE Moves the PIP picture position.
17. PREV.CHAN Returns to the previously selected
channel, or DVD repeat toggle. Performs DVD
players "A-B Repeat" (or RPT A.B) function for
repeat play of current Chapter or Track.
18. TOGGLE Swaps the PIP screens.
19. CHANNEL UP/DOWN Changes the channels.
CHAPTER +/- Controls DVD/CD track selection i.e.
DVD/CD Track Skip Up/Down (in DVD and SAT
modes). Note the VCR buttons also control DVD
when in DVD Mode.
20. QUIT Used to exit menu functions.
21. INFO/SELECT Displays/selects on-screen channel
22. TV/VCR/INPUT For some TVs, press repeatedly to
select from available viewing sources (antenna,
cable box, VCR, etc.).
23. SETUP Used for setup.
24. POWER Turns product On or Off.