Register your product and get support at
Meet Philips at the Internet
24 HOUR ALARM RESET
If you want the alarm mode to be stopped immediately but also wish to
retain the same alarm setting for the following day:
• Press ALARM RESET during the alarm call.
™ The alarm indicator (AL) will remain on.
CANCELING THE ALARM COMPLETELY
To cancel the set alarm time before it goes off, or during the alarm call:
• Adjust RADIO / ALARM to OFF position.
™ The alarm indicator (AL) will light off.
This repeats your alarm call at 9-minute intervals.
1 During the alarm call, press REPEAT ALARM /
™ The alarm indicator (AL) will remain on.
This set has a built-in timer which enables the set to be automatically
switched off during radio playback after a set period of time. This allows
you to lie back, listen and fall asleep. The maximum sleep time is 1 hour and
1 Set RADIO / ALARM to OFF position.
2 Set the sleep time to activate sleep function by selecting on the follow-
• Simply press SLEEP to set your sleep time to 59 minutes.
• Hold down SLEEP, and press MIN repeatedly to adjust sleep time
from 59 minutes downward.
• Hold down SLEEP and press HR to get one more hour sleep time (1:59)
™ To cancel sleep, press REPEAT ALARM /
Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to Philips!
To fully benefit from the support that Philips offers,
register your product at www.philips.com/welcome.
CONTROLS (see fig. 1 )
1 DISPLAY - shows the clock/ alarm time and status of the set
2 ALARM indicator - lights up when alarm is activated
3 Frequency indicator
- shows the radio frequency of your selected waveband
4 REPEAT ALARM / SLEEP OFF
- switches off the active alarm for a 8-9 minute period
- switches off the sleep function
5 CLOCK - sets the clock time
- activates the radio for sleep function
- adjusts the sleep period
7 ALARM RESET - stops the active alarm for 24 hours
8 ALARM - sets the alarm function
9 RADIO / ALARM
RADIO ON: switches on the radio
RADIO OFF: switches off the radio/alarm
ALARM - RADIO: activates the radio for alarm
ALARM - BUZZ: activates the buzzer for alarm
0 SET TIME HR / MIN
- adjusts the hours / minutes for clock / alarm / sleep time
! Power cord - connects to wall outlet
@ Pigtail - improve FM reception
# VOLUME - adjusts the sound level
$ Battery door - opens to store a 9 volts 6F22 battery (not included) for
clock memory backup.
% FM/MW - selects FM/MW waveband
^ TUNING - tunes to radio stations
• Install the unit near the AC outlet and where the AC plug can be easily
• Where the MAINS plug is used as the disconnect device, the disconnet
device shall remain readily operable.
• Place the set on a hard and flat surface so that the system does not tilt.
• If you do not intend to use the set for a long time, withdraw the power
plug from the wall outlet. In addition to this, it is advisable to remove
the battery from the clock radio. This will prevent any danger of leakage
and the clock radio will not be damaged.
• Do not expose the set, batteries to humidity, rain, sand or excessive
heat caused by heating equipment or direct sunlight.
• The apparatus shall not be exposed to dripping or splashing.
• Adequate ventilation with a minimum gap of 15cm between the ventila-
tion holes and surrounding surfaces is necessary to prevent heat build-up.
• The ventilation should not be impeded by covering the ventilation
openings with items, such as newspapers, table-cloths, curtains, etc..
• No objects filled with liquids, such as vases, shall be placed on the appartus.
• No naked flame sources, such as lighted candles, should be placed on
• To clean the set, use a soft, slightly dampened chamois leather. Do not
use any cleaning agents containing alcohol, ammonia, benzene or abra-
sives as these may harm the housing.
• Battery shall not be exposed to excessive heat such as sunshine, fire or
Use of contr
ols or adjustments or performance of procedures
other than herein may result in unsafe operation.
This set complies with the radio interference requirements of
the European Union.
1 Check if the power supply, as shown on the type plate located on
the bottom of the set, corresponds to your local power supply. If it
does not, consult your dealer or service center.
2 Connect the plug to the wall outlet.
3 To disconnect the set from the power supply completely,
remove the plug from the wall outlet.
CLOCK MEMORY BACKUP
The clock memory backup allows your alarm and clock time settings to be
stored for up to a day when there is a power interruption e.g. power failure.
The complete clock radio and display illumination will be switched off. As
soon as the power supply returns, the display will indicate the correct time.
1 Remove the battery door to insert a 9 volts 6F22 type battery (not
included) for backup.
2 Replace the battery door.
NOTE: If no backup battery is installed or the power interruption is prolonged,
you will need to set the clock and alarm times again.
Batteries contain chemical substances so they should be disposed
You can use this set solely as a radio!
1 Adjust RADIO / ALARM to RADIO ON to switch on the radio.
2 Select your waveband by adjusting the FM/MW switch.
3 Adjust TUNING to tune to your desired station.
4 Turn the VOLUME control to adjust the volume level.
5 Adjust RADIO / ALARM to OFF to switch off the radio.
If a fault occurs, first check the points listed below before taking the set for
If you are unable to remedy a problem by following these hints, consult your
dealer or service center.
WARNING: Under no circumstances should you try to repair the set yourself,
as this will invalidate the warranty. Do not open the set as there is
a risk of electric shock.
– Possible Cause
– Volume not adjusted
• Adjust the volume
Occasional crackling sound during FM broadcast
– Weak signal
• Adjust the position of the Pigtail
Continuous crackling/hiss disturbance during MW broadcast
– Electrical interference from TV, computer, fluorescent lamp, etc.
• Move set away from other electrical equipment
The alarm does not function
– Alarm time not set and or alarm mode not selected
• Set the alarm time and / select alarm mode
– Volume too low for RADIO
• Adjust the volume
– Radio alarm not adjusted to radio station
• Tune to a radio station
To improve reception:
Extend and position the pigtail fully to obtain optimal
uses a built-in antenna inside the set. Direct the antenna by
adjusting the position of your set.
SETTING THE CLOCK / ALARM TIME
The time is displayed using the 24-hour clock.
1 Hold down CLOCK or ALARM.
2 Press HR or MIN repeatedly, or hold down HR or MIN to adjust min-
ute and/or hour.
3 Release CLOCK or ALARM and HR or MIN when you reach the
™ The set clock time will show on the display and start to run.
SELECTING THE ALARM MODE
To use the alarm, you must set the alarm time first. You can choose from
two different alarm modes to wake you up: by radio or buzzer.
1 Select your choice of alarm mode by adjusting RADIO / ALARM to
RADIO or BUZZ.
™ The alarm indicator (AL) will light up.
• If you have selected the radio mode, make sure you have adjusted the
volume loud enough to wake you.
• The buzzer is set at a fixed volume and cannot be adjusted.
SWITCHING OFF THE ALARM
There are three ways of switching off the alarm. Unless you cancel the alarm
completely, the 24 hour alarm reset option will be automatically selected
after 1 hour and 59 minutes, from the time your alarm time first goes off.
Notes for battery disposal
Your product contains batteries covered by the European Directive 2006/66/EC,
which cannot be disposed with normal household waste. Please inform yourself
about the local rules on separate collection of batteries because correct disposal
helps to prevent negative consequences for the environmental and human health.
We have reduced packaging to the minimum for easy separation into two
materials: paper and cardboard. Your set consists of materials which can be
recycled if disassembled by a specialized company. Please observe local regu-
lations on the disposal of packing materials and old equipment.
Disposal of your old product
Your product is designed and manufactured with high quality materials and
components, which can be recycled and reused. When this crossed-out
wheeled bin symbol is attached to a product it means the product is covered
by the European Directive 2002/96/EC.
Please inform yourself about the local separate collection system for electrical
and electronic products.
Please act according to your local rules and do not dispose of your old prod-
ucts with your normal household waste. The correct disposal of your old
product will help prevent potential negative consequences for the environ-
ment and human health.
AC Power.........................................................220 V / 50 Hz
Dimensions (w x d x h).............130.4 x 130 x 46.8 (mm)