Disc can't be played
Picture freezes momentarily
No return to start-up screen when
disc is removed
The player does not respond to
the Remote Control
Buttons do not work
Player does not respond to some
operating commands during playback.
DVD Player cannot read
Menu items cannot be selected
Unable to play DivX movies
Unable to select Progressive Scan on/off – Check that the output of the video signal is switch to
No sound during DivX movies playback
An MPEG-4 or DivX movies does
Visit us at www.philips.com/support for service support
– The DVD+R/CD-R must be finalised.
– Ensure the disc label is facing up.
– Check if the disc is defective by trying another disc.
– If you have recorded a Picture CD or MP3/WMA
CD yourself, ensure that your disc contains at least
10 pictures or 5 MP3/WMA tracks.
– Region code incorrect.
– Check the disc for fingerprints/scratches and
clean with a soft cloth wiping from centre to edge.
– Reset the unit by switching the player off, then on
– Aim the Remote Control directly at the sensor
on the front of the player.
– Reduce the distance to the player.
– Replace the batteries in the Remote Control.
– Re-insert the batteries with their polarities (+/–
signs) as indicated.
– To completely reset the player, unplug the AC
cord from the AC outlet for 5-10 seconds.
– Operations may not be permitted by the disc.
Refer to the instructions of the disc jacket.
– Use a commonly available cleaning CD/DVD to
clean the lens before sending the DVD Player for
– Press STOP twice before selecting System Menu.
– Depending on the disc availability, some menu items
cannot be selected.
– Check that the DivX file is encoded in 'Home
Theater' mode with DivX 5.x encoder.
– The audio codec may not be supported by the DVD
– Check that file size of the movies does not exceed
the file size of the CD disc during burning.
8239 300 34321
25/01/2005, 3:24 PM