2. Put the ice trays in the freezer
6. HINTS AND TIPS
6.1 Normal operating sounds
The following sounds are normal during
• A faint gurgling and bubbling sound
from coils sound when refrigerant is
• A whirring and pulsating sound from
the compressor when refrigerant is
• A sudden cracking noise from inside
appliance caused by thermic
dilatation (a natural and not
dangerous physical phenomenon).
• A faint click noise from the
temperature regulator when the
compressor switches on or off.
6.2 Hints for energy saving
• Do not open the door frequently or
leave it open longer than absolutely
6.3 Hints for freezing
• Freeze only top quality, fresh and
thoroughly cleaned food products.
• For more efficient freezing and
thawing divide food into small
7. CARE AND CLEANING
Refer to Safety chapters.
7.1 General warnings
Unplug the appliance before
carrying out any
• Wrap the food in aluminium foil or
polythene. Make sure that the
packages are airtight.
• To avoid increase in temperature of
already frozen food, do not place
fresh unfrozen food directly next to it.
• Lean foods store better and longer
than fatty ones. Salt reduces the
storage life of food.
• Do not eat ice cubes, water ices or ice
lollies immediately after taking them
out of the freezer. Risk of frostbites.
• It is advisable to show the freezing
date on each individual pack to
enable you to keep tab of the storage
6.4 Hints for storage of frozen
• Make sure that the commercially
frozen food products were adequately
stored by the retailer.
• Make sure that frozen foodstuffs are
transferred from the food store to the
freezer in the shortest possible time.
• Once defrosted, food deteriorates
rapidly and cannot be refrozen.
• Do not exceed the storage period
indicated by the food manufacturer.
This appliance contains
hydrocarbons in its cooling
unit; maintenance and
recharging must therefore
only be carried out by
The accessories and parts of
the appliance are not
suitable for washing in a
7.2 Cleaning the interior
Before using the appliance for the first
time, the interior and all internal