11. Put back and secure the hairpin retaining wires.
12. Connect the bulb power wire to the red power wire.
13. Tighten the retaining screw on the flange.
14. Place the reflector in position in the body of the spotlight.
15. Replace the rubber "O" ring in the groove around the perimeter of the reflector.
16. Replace glass and retaining ring so the screw holes are aligned.
17. Secure retaining ring with two screws.
18. Replace rubber bezel.
19. Operate switch to ensure proper operation of spotlight.
WARNING: To reduce the risk of electric shock, replace bulb with 12 volt, H3 75 watt only.
The battery should last the service life of the unit. Contact Technical Support toll-free at 1-800-544-6986 for any
information you may need.
Safe Battery Disposal
Contains a maintenance-free, sealed, non-spillable, lead acid battery, which must be disposed of
properly. Recycling is required, contact your local authority for information. Failure to comply with
local, state and federal regulations can result in fines, or imprisonment.
• Do not dispose of the battery in fire as this may result in an explosion.
• Before disposing of the battery, protect exposed terminals with heavy-duty electrical tape to prevent shorting
(shorting can result in injury or fire).
• Do not expose battery to fire or intense heat as it may explode.
• For more information on recycling this battery, call toll-free (877) 288-7722.
12 Volt DC Charging Adapter Plug Fuse Replacement
The fuse in the plug end of the 12 Volt DC Charging Adapter protects the adapter's charging circuit. If the 120 Volt AC
Charger operates, but the DC charging adapter does not, then this fuse may be opened (blown).
To replace the fuse:
1. Unscrew the end cap of the DC plug (counterclockwise).
2. Remove spring center contact and fuse.
3. Check fuse with a continuity checker.
4. If blown, locate a replacement 8 amp/250 volt fuse.
5. Replace the fuse, spring, contact and end cap.
6. Screw end cap clockwise until it is finger tight – DO NOT OVER-TIGHTEN.
7. Test for proper operation of the 12 Volt DC Charging Adapter.
The Battery Status Indicator LED Does Not Light When Charging
1. Check connection to the 120 Volt AC Charger or 12 Volt DC Charging Port.
2. Check connection to AC or DC power source.
3. Confirm there is a functioning AC or DC current.
Unit Will Not Operate
1. The Spotlight will not operate when charging. Be sure all adapters are disconnected before Spotlight use.
2. If you suspect the bulb is blown, check the filament. If the filament is coiled and unbroken, the bulb is not
blown. If bulb is blown, replace it.
3. The battery may be completely discharged. Charge the unit following the directions on page 4.
4. If the Spotlight does not operate after recharging as directed, contact Technical Support toll-free at
For assistance with your product, visit our website www.blackanddecker.com for the location of the service
center nearest you or call the BLACK & DECKER help line at 1-800-544-6986.