90558474 SL302B.qxp:SL302B ManualENSPFR 073008
CAUTION: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF PRODUCT DAMAGE:
• Only use the Carry Lanyard for carrying or hanging the Spotlight. The Carry Lanyard is not intended to support
additional weight. Do not attach or hang anything additional to the light or risk of breakage may occur.
• When light is hung by the Carry Lanyard, do not shake the light or object that it is hanging from. Do not hang
the light from electrical wires or anything that it is not secure.
CARE AND MAINTENANCE
All batteries lose charge with time, especially when they are warm. Recharge the unit every two months when not
in frequent use, preferably using the 120 volt AC method.
Never submerge the unit in water. If the unit gets dirty, gently clean the outer surfaces of the spotlight unit with a soft
cloth moistened with a mild solution of water and detergent.
The battery should last the service life of the unit. Contact Technical Support toll-free at 1-800-544-6986 for any
information you may need.
Contains a maintenance-free, sealed, non-spillable, lead acid battery, which must be
disposed of properly. Recycling is required — contact your local authority for information.
Failure to comply with local, state and federal regulations can result in fines or
imprisonment. For more information on recycling this battery, call toll-free 1-800-544-6986.
• Do not dispose of the battery in fire as this may result in an explosion.
• Before disposing of the battery, protect exposed terminals with heavy-duty electrical tape to
prevent shorting (shorting can result in injury or fire).
• Do not expose battery to fire or intense heat as it may explode.
• For more information on recycling this battery, call toll-free 1-800-544-6986.
12 Volt DC Charging Adapter Plug Fuse Replacement
The fuse in the plug end of the 12 Volt DC Charging Adapter protects the adapter's charging circuit. If the 120 Volt
AC Charger operates, but the DC charging adapter does not, then this fuse may be opened (blown).
To replace the fuse:
1. Unscrew the end cap of the DC plug (counterclockwise).
2. Remove spring center contact and fuse.
3. Check fuse with a continuity checker.
4. If blown, locate a replacement 2 amp/250 volt fuse.
5. Replace the fuse, spring, contact and end cap.
6. Screw end cap clockwise until it is finger tight – DO NOT OVER-TIGHTEN.
7. Test for proper operation of the 12 Volt DC Charging Adapter.
Spotlight will not charge (green
1. Check connection to the 120 Volt AC Charger (or DC Charging Port).
Charge Status LED Indicator does
2. Check connection to AC (or DC) power source.
3. Confirm there is a functioning AC (or DC) current.
4. Make sure the Trigger is not pressed (pressing the Trigger when one
of the charging adapters is plugged in interrupts the charging
5. Make sure the Trigger Lock is not engaged. It is possible to have left
the Trigger Lock ON when the battery discharged. The Spotlight will
not charge until the Trigger is unlocked.
6. If the Spotlight will not charge after checking all of the above, contact
Technical Support toll-free at 1-800-544-6986.
Spotlight will not operate
1. If you suspect the bulb is blown, check the filament. If the filament is
coiled and unbroken, the bulb is not blown. If bulb is blown, call
1-800-544-6986 to locate the nearest authorized service center. The
bulb is NOT user-replaceable.
2. The light may be charging/recharging using the 12 volt DC charging
adapter. The unit will not operate while charging/recharging via the
DC charger. Unplug from the 12 volt DC power source.
3. The battery may be completely discharged. Charge the unit following
the directions in this Instruction Manual.
4. If the Spotlight does not operate after recharging as directed, contact
Technical Support toll-free at 1-800-544-6986.
Cannot depress trigger
Slide Trigger Lock Button on side of handle UP to unlock the Trigger.
Recommended accessories for use with your tool are available from your local dealer or authorized service center.
If you need assistance regarding accessories, please call: 1-800-544-6986.
WARNING: The use of any accessory not recommended for use with this spotlight could be hazardous and will
void manufacturer's warranty.
All Black & Decker Service Centers are staffed with trained personnel to provide customers with efficient and
reliable power tool service. Whether you need technical advice, repair, or genuine factory replacement parts,
contact the Black & Decker location nearest you. To find your local service location, refer to the yellow page
directory under "Tools–Electric" or call: 1-800-544-6986 or visit www.blackanddecker.com.
CAUTION: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE: Do not open body casing. There are
no user-serviceable parts inside.
FULL ONE YEAR HOME USE WARRANTY
Black & Decker (U.S.) Inc. warrants this product for one year against any defects in material or workmanship. The
defective product will be replaced or repaired at no charge in either of two ways.
The first, which will result in exchanges only, is to return the product to the retailer from whom it was purchased
(provided that the store is a participating retailer). Returns should be made within the time period of the retailer's
policy for exchanges (usually 30 to 90 days after the sale). Proof of purchase may be required. Please check with
the retailer for their specific return policy regarding returns that are beyond the time set for exchanges.
The second option is to take or send the product (prepaid) to a Black & Decker owned or authorized Service
Center for repair or replacement at our option. Proof of purchase may be required. Black & Decker owned and
authorized Service Centers are listed under "Tools-Electric" in the yellow pages of the phone directory and on our
This warranty does not apply to accessories. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may have other
rights which vary from state to state or province to province. Should you have any questions, contact the
manager of your nearest Black & Decker Service Center. This product is not intended for commercial use.
FREE WARNING LABEL REPLACEMENT: If your warning labels become illegible or are missing, call 1-800-544-
6986 for a free replacement.
Embedded AC Charger:
DC Plug Fuse:
Black & Decker (U.S.)
701 E. Joppa Rd.
Towson, MD 21286 U.S.A.
12 volt, H3 series, dual-filament 55W/35W bulb
Maintenance-free, sealed lead acid, 12 volt, 3 amp hour
UL Listed Class 2, 12 volt DC (300 mA)
2 A/250 V
– Yellow Pages –
for Service &