90518824 CAN. CANNISTER VAC
• When operating the appliance, make sure that the hose is not trapped, twisted or
• In case of overheating, a cut-out will operate and the appliance will automatically stop.
• If the appliance stops operating, unplug the appliance and allow it to cool for 2-3 hours.
Hints for optimum use
• When working in confined spaces, temporarily remove the accessory holder from the
tube to improve your scope.
• When vacuuming stairs, always start at the bottom and work your way up. Position the
appliance on the floor and do the stairs until halfway. Then carry the appliance to a
stable position which is at least one stair below your working position, and do the top
half of the stairs.
VN2200/VN1400P - Using the turbo brushes (fig. A)
• Take care that the speed control switch is at the highest setting. Move the slider on top
of the brush as necessary to optimise the suction force.
• Move the brush steadily back and forth. Do not keep the brush on the same place for a
long time, as this might damage the surface.
Carrying the appliance (fig. C)
During use the appliance can be carried using the handle (5).
• Tilt the handle into position as shown.
Temporarily parking the multi surface suction head (fig. D)
• Use the park position for a temporary parking of the multi surface suction head.
Storing the appliance (fig. E & F)
and unplug it.
• Make sure that the cord is fully rewound.
• Place the appliance in an upright position.
• Wrap the hose around the appliance.
• Insert the multi surface suction head hook (26) into the recess in the appliance.
• Push the tube until the locking device (27) inserts into the corresponding recess in the
appliance as shown. The locking device (27) engages automatically.
• Store the appliance in a dry location. The appliance can be carried by the container
• To take the tube from the appliance for use, press the lever on the locking device (27)
on the back of the tube and pull the tube away from the unit and lift the tube and head
out of the parking slots.
IMPORTANT: UNPLUG VACUUM BEFORE PERFORMING ANY MAINTENANCE.
Use only mild soap and a damp cloth to clean your vacuum. Never let any liquid get
inside the vacuum; never immerse any part of the vacuum into a liquid.
Note: Make sure the vacuum is completely dry before using it.
Your Black & Decker tool has been designed to operate over a long period of time with
a minimum of maintenance. Continuous satisfactory operation depends upon proper
tool care and regular cleaning.
When storing the appliance, switch the appliance off