CHOICE OF BLADE AND SPEED
Your scroll saw will accept a wide variety of 5" flat end blades and can be operated at any speed from 400 to 1800
cutting strokes per minute. Consider the following as a general guideline for selecting a blade and operating speed.
1. Use a finer blade for cutting thin workpieces, for hard materials, or when a smoother cut is required.
2. Use a coarser blade for cutting thick workpieces, when making straight cuts or for medium to soft materials.
3. Use a blade that will have 2 teeth in the workpiece at all times.
4. Most blade packaging is marked with the size of the wood the blade is intended to cut and the minimum radius
which can be cut with that blade.
5. Slower speeds are generally more effective than faster speeds when using thin blades and making intricate cuts.
6. Always start at a slow speed and gradually increase the speed until the optimum cutting speed is obtained.
TROUBLESHOOTING - BLADE BREAKAGE
Blade breakage is usually caused by one or more of the following:
1. Bending the blade during installation.
2. Improper blade tension.
3. Improper blade selection for the work being cut.
Recommended accessories for use with your tool are available from your local dealer or authorized service center. If you
need assistance regarding accessories, please call:1-800-544-6986.
WARNING: The use of any accessory not recommended for use with this tool could be hazardous.
Use only mild soap and damp cloth to clean the tool. Never let any liquid get inside the tool; never immerse any part of
the tool into a liquid.
IMPORTANT: To assure product SAFETY and RELIABILITY, repairs, maintenance and adjustment (other than those
listed in this manual) should be performed by authorized service centers or other qualified service organizations, always
using identical replacement parts.
All Black & Decker Service Centers are staffed with trained personnel to provide customers with efficient and reliable
power tool service. Whether you need technical advice, repair, or genuine factory replacement parts, contact the
Black & Decker location nearest you. To find your local service location, refer to the yellow page directory under
"Tools—Electric" or call: 1-800-544-6986 or visit www.blackanddecker.com
FULL TWO-YEAR HOME USE WARRANTY
Black & Decker (U.S.) Inc. warrants this product for two years against any defects in material or workmanship. The
defective product will be replaced or repaired at no charge in either of two ways.
The first, which will result in exchanges only, is to return the product to the retailer from whom it was purchased
(provided that the store is a participating retailer). Returns should be made within the time period of the retailerʼs policy
for exchanges (usually 30 to 90 days after the sale). Proof of purchase may be required. Please check with the retailer
for their specific return policy regarding returns that are beyond the time set for exchanges.
The second option is to take or send the product (prepaid) to a Black & Decker owned or authorized Service Center for
repair or replacement at our option. Proof of purchase may be required. Black & Decker owned and authorized Service
Centers are listed under "Tools-Electric" in the yellow pages of the phone directory and on our website
This warranty does not apply to accessories. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may have other
rights which vary from state to state or province to province. Should you have any questions, contact the manager of
your nearest Black & Decker Service Center. This product is not intended for commercial use.
FREE WARNING LABEL REPLACEMENT: If your warning labels become illegible or are missing, call
1-800-544-6986 for a free replacement.
Black & Decker (U.S.) Inc.,
701 E. Joppa Rd.
Towson, MD 21286 U.S.A.
4. Forcing the work into the blade too rapidly.
5. Cutting too sharp a turn for the blade being used.
6. Improper blade speed.
– Yellow Pages –
for Service & Sales