READ AND SAVE THESE INSTRU C T I O N S
WA R N I N G : A risk of fire and electrical shock exists in all
electrical appliances and may cause personal injury or
d e a t h . Please fo l l ow all safety instructions.
Cool Edge Grill with Back s t o p
Models 883, 8 8 4 S , 8 8 5 , 8 8 6 , 8 9 0 ,
I M P O RTANT SAFEGUA R D S
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be
fo l l owed to reduce the risk of fire, electric shock and injury to persons, includ-
ing the fo l l ow i n g :
• Read all instructions before using appliance.
• Do not touch hot surfa c e s. Use handles or knobs.
• Do not immerse probe and cord in water or other liquids. See instructions fo r
c l e a n i n g .
• This appliance not for use by children.
• Close supervision is necessary when this appliance is used near children.
• Do not use appliance unattended.
• Unplug from outlet when not in use and before cleaning. A l l ow to cool befo r e
putting on or taking off part s, and before cleaning the appliance.
• A l ways attach probe to griddle before plugging cord into wall outlet. To discon-
nect turn temperature control knob to OFF then remove plug from wall outlet.
• Do not operate any damaged appliance. Do not operate with a damaged cord
or plug, or after the appliance malfunctions, or has been damaged in any
m a n n e r. R e t u rn appliance to the nearest authori zed service center for ex a m-
ination, repair, electrical or mechanical adjustment.
• Use accessory attachments only if recommended by Toastmaster Inc.
• Do not use outdoors or while standing in a damp area.
• Do not let cord hang over edge of table or counter or touch hot surfa c e s.
• Do not place on or near a hot gas or electric bu rner or in a heated ove n .
• Extreme caution must be used when moving an appliance containing hot oil
or other hot liquids.
• Use extreme caution when disposing of hot gr e a s e.
• Do not place grease cup on top of hot griddle surfa c e.
• Do not use appliance except as intended.
S AVE THESE INSTRU C T I O N S
THIS PRODUCT FOR HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY.
Use and Care Guide
8 9 5 , 896S and 898S