How to Use
This appliance is for household use only.
GETTING ST RTED
• Remove packing materials and any stickers from the unit.
• Wash all parts as instructed in Care and Cleaning.
• Select a location for the unit. Do not place unit under cabinets or close to the wall to
allow steam to escape without damaging counter space or cabinets.
FILLING W TER RESERVOIR
1. Fill water reservoir with cold tap water.
Important: Do not add any salt, pepper, seasoning, herbs, beer, wine or any other liquid
to the water reservoir.
2. You can fill the water reservoir two different ways:
a. Pour water directly into reservoir to desired level (C). OR
b. Pour water into the water-fill inlet (D) up to the M X
mark Do not overfill.
Tip: s a safety feature, if during the cooking cycle water
level goes below the MIN marking, the
the digital display and the unit beeps until you fill with
Important: When steaming foods longer than 25 minutes,
check the water level in the reservoir.
3. Hold the drip tray by handles and place it into the unit
4. Place herbs or spices in Flavor Scenter® screen for added
flavor (F). (See Flavor Scenter® Tips).
Note: You can also use the drip tray without adding herbs
to the Flavor Scenter® if you prefer.
Tips for Using Flavor Scenter® Screen
• To prevent small herbs or ground spices from falling
through the screen, rinse or wet the screen before adding
• If using herbs, use whole or coarsely chop the leaves.
• Broth or wine can be added to the drip tray to enhance flavor.
USING STE MING B SKETS
You can arrange your steaming baskets according to the amount of food you are cooking.
C UTION: Use pot holders when removing the lid or lifting the steaming basket, drip
tray or rice bowl. Lift the lid away from your face and body to avoid escaping steam.
Cooking with One Steaming Basket
1. Place either basket 1 or 2 onto the drip tray.
Tip: Keep pressing the button until you reach desired food category icon.
Note: If you do not make a selection, the unit shuts off after a few minutes of inactivity.
2. Place food in the steaming basket (G). See Cooking Chart
on pages 7, 8 and 9 for helpful tips and recommended
times. You can also cook up to 8 eggs by inserting an
egg into each indentation on built-in egg holders (H).
3. Cover the steaming basket with the lid, making sure it fits
securely in place.
Cooking with Two Steaming Baskets (J)
1. Fill both baskets with desired foods. lways place more
solid foods or foods that take longer to cook in lower
basket. See Cooking Chart on pages 7, 8 and 9 for
helpful tips and recommended times.
2. Place basket onto drip tray. Place upper basket on top
of lower basket.
USING RICE BOWL
When cooking in the rice bowl, add rice, herbs, seasonings
and water directly into the rice bowl.
1. Place the steaming basket onto the drip tray and place
the rice bowl with contents into the steaming basket (K).
2. If using two steaming bowls, always place rice in lower
3. Cover steaming basket with lid.
SETTING COOKING TIME
1. Once you plug in the unit into the wall outlet, it beeps,
the LCD digital display illuminates and shows default
settings as illustrated in figure (L).
2. To change default settings:
to 99 minutes.
Tip: Press and hold the button to rapidly reach desired time.
button until desired food category icon displays with preset cooking time.
to set desired time up