90502289 - VP800 Scre
MEDICAL NOTE: The liquid is a 25-35% solution of potassium hydroxide.
• Charge batteries only with VersaPak battery charger.
• Do not use charger in wet or damp conditions. It is intended for indoor use only. Do not
use near sinks, tubs, or the like. Do not immerse in water.
• Do not use charger for any uses other than charging VersaPak batteries. Other batteries
• Do not operate charger with damaged cord or plug — have them replaced immediately.
• Do not operate charger if it has received a sharp blow, been dropped, or otherwise
damaged in any way; take it to a qualified Black & Decker service center.
• Do not disassemble charger; take it to a qualified Black & Decker service center when
service or repair is required. Incorrect reassembly may result in risk of electric shock or
fire. There are no consumer serviceable parts inside.
• For best results, do not charge batteries when they or air temperature is BELOW +40°F
or ABOVE +105°F.
• The charger is designed to operate on standard household electrical power. Do not
attempt to use it on any other voltage. Be sure your power supply agrees with the
• Unplug charger when not in use.
• Do not abuse charger cord. To reduce the risk of damage to electric plug and cord, never
carry charger by cord or yank it to disconnect from receptacle.Keep charger cord from
heat, oil, and sharp edges.
• Use only charger supplied by the manufacturer to recharge.
• Use only under adult supervision, keep out of the reach of children.
• Ensure outlet is secured and completely intact. Do not plug charger into a loose wall
IMPORTANT CHARGING NOTES
• While charging, the charger transformer may hum and batteries and charger become
warm. This is a normal condition and does not indicate a problem.
• If a battery does not charge properly— (1) Check current at receptacle by plugging in a
lamp or other appliance. (2) Check to see if receptacle is connected to a light switch
which turns power off when you turn out the lights. (3) Move charger and batteries to a
surrounding air temperature of +40°F to +105°F. (4) If the receptacle and temperature are
oK, and you do not get proper charging, take or send the batteries and charger to your
local Black & Decker service center. See "Tools Electric" in yellow pages.
• The batteries should be recharged when they fail to produce sufficient power on jobs
which were easily done previously. DO NOT CONTINUE to use the tool with its batteries
in a depleted condition.
• Before using battery charger, read all instructions and cautionary markings on battery
charger, battery and product using battery.
CAUTION: To reduce the risk of injury, charge only nickel cadmium rechargeable
batteries. Other types of batteries may burst causing personal injury and damage.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
Insert the metal end of the VersaPak battery into the charger. The indicator light will glow
indicating that charging is taking place and will remain on as long as the battery is in the
charger. Continuous charging is not a safety concern.
NOTE: Your VersaPak battery was sent from the factory in an uncharged condition.
Before attempting to use it for the first time, it must be charged for 6 hours.
Subsequent charging for most fix up jobs will require 3-6 hours.
Safety Warnings and Instructions: Drilling
• Hold tool firmly to control its twisting action.
WARNING: Tool may stall (if overloaded or improperly used) causing a twist. To
reduce the risk of injury always expect the stall. Grip the tool firmly to control the
twisting action and prevent loss of control which could cause personal injury. If a stall
does occur, release the trigger immediately and determine the reason for the stall before