pack. Do not use a battery pack or charger that has received a sharp blow, been dropped,
run over or damaged in any way (i.e., pierced with a nail, hit with a hammer, stepped on).
Damaged battery packs should be returned to service center for recycling.
Safety Warnings and Instructions: Charging
1. This manual contains important safety and operating instructions.
2. Before using battery charger, read all instructions and cautionary warnings on battery
charger and product using battery.
only with this product. Batteries in other products may burst causing personal injury or
3. Do not expose charger to rain or snow.
4. Use of an attachment not recommended or sold by Black & Decker may result in a risk
of fire, electric shock, or injury to persons.
5. To reduce risk of damage to electric plug and cord, pull by plug rather than cord when
6. Make sure cord is located so that it will not be stepped on, tripped over, or otherwise
subjected to damage or stress.
7. An extension cord should not be used unless absolutely necessary. Use of improper
extension cord could result in a risk of fire, electric shock or electrocution.
8. Use only the supplied charger when charging your tool. The use of any other charger
could damage the tool or create a hazardous condition.
9. Use only one charger when charging.
10. Do not attempt to open the charger. There are no customer serviceable parts inside.
Return to any authorized Black & Decker service center.
11. DO NOT incinerate the tool or batteries even if they are severely damaged or
completely worn out. The batteries can explode in a fire.
12. Do not incinerate the battery pack even if it is severely damaged or is completely
worn out. The battery pack can explode in a fire. Toxic fumes and materials are created
when lithium ion battery packs are burned.
13. Do not charge or use battery in explosive atmospheres, such as in the presence of
flammable liquids, gases or dust. Inserting or removing the battery from the charger
may ignite the dust or fumes.
14. If battery contents come into contact with the skin, immediately wash area with mild
soap and water. If battery liquid gets into the eye, rinse water over the open eye for
three minutes or until irritation ceases. If medical attention is needed, the battery elec-
trolyte is composed of a mixture of liquid organic carbonates and lithium salts.
WARNING: Burn hazard. Battery liquid may be flammable if exposed to spark or flame.
THE BATTERIES IN YOUR TOOL ARE NOT FULLY CHARGED AT THE FACTORY.
BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO CHARGE THEM, THOROUGHLY READ ALL OF THE SAFETY
To charge your screwdriver, follow the steps below.
1. Plug the charger into any standard 120 Volt 60 Hz electrical outlet.
2. Place the screwdriver into the cradle making sure to match the charging
contacts on the handle of the screwdriver with the contacts in the charger. The red
(charging) light will illuminate indicating that the charging process has started.
3. Let the screwdriver charge initially for 9 hours. After the initial charge, under normal
usage, your tool should be fully charged in 6 hours.
Important Charging Notes
1. After normal usage, your tool should be fully charged in 6 hours. Your tool was sent
from the factory in an uncharged condition. Before attempting to use it, it must be
charged for at least 6 hours.
2. DO NOT charge the batteries in an air temperature below 40°F (4.5 °C) or above 105°F
(+40.5 °C). This is important and will prevent serious damage to the batteries. Longest
life and best performance can be obtained if batteries are charged when air
temperature is about 75°F.
3. While charging, the charger may hum and become warm to touch. This is a normal
condition and does not indicate a problem.
4. If the batteries do not charge properly—(1) Check current at receptacle by plugging in a
lamp or other appliance. (2) Check to see if receptacle is connected to a light switch
which turns power off when you turn out the lights. (3) Move charger and tool to a
surrounding air temperature of 40°F (4.5 °C) to 105°F (+40.5 °C). (4) If the charger is
mounted on a wall make sure the charge indicator light is on. If the indicator light
is not on, push unit down to make sure charging contacts are touching. (5) If the
receptacle and temperature are OK, and you do not get proper charging, take or send
the tool and charger to your local Black & Decker service center. See Tools Electric in
5. The tool should be recharged when it fails to produce sufficient power on jobs which
were easily done previously. DO NOT CONTINUE using product with its batteries in a
6. To prolong battery life, avoid leaving on charge for extended periods of time (over 30
days without use). Although extended charging is not a safety concern, it can significantly
reduce overall battery life.
Attaching Screwdriver Bit Tips Holder (Figure 1)
Attach the holder (K) to either side of the charging cradle (F) ( using the screw provided) as
shown in figure 1.
Wall Mounting (Figures 2, 3 & 4)
Use the hardware provided only if hanging on conventional sheet rock or plaster walls. If not
hanging on conventional sheet rock or plaster walls, please use the appropriate
fasteners for that material.
1. Attach the wall mount tool support (J) as shown in figure 2.
support must be securely attached to the charging cradle when it is mounted on a
2. Choose a location that is within reach of an electrical outlet. Fix the charging cradle (F)
as shown in figure 3 and 4.
NOTE: Avoid damaging the cord while fixing the charging cradle to the wall.
3. Plug in and place the product in position. Make sure the charge indicator light is on.
If the indicator light is not on, push unit down to make sure charging contacts are
Inserting an Accessory (Figure 5)
The LI3000 compact screwdriver is designed for use with screwdriver bits. Do not use
double ended screwdriver bits.
To install a bit simply insert it into the cavity in the hex spindle as shown in figure 5. To
remove the bit pull it straight out.
Switch (Figure 6)
To turn the tool ON in a forward direction, push the switch to the forward position(6A),
squeeze the trigger and the tool will run. Release pressure from the trigger and the tool will
To turn the tool ON in a reverse direction, push the switch to the rearward position(6B),
squeeze the trigger and the tool will run. Release pressure from the trigger and the tool will
With the switch in the middle position, the trigger will not be active and the spindle will be
locked (6C). Use the tool in this mode as any conventional non-powered screwdriver.
Use only mild soap and damp cloth to clean the tool. Never let any liquid get inside the tool;
never immerse any part of the tool into a liquid.
IMPORTANT: To assure product SAFETY and RELIABILITY, repairs, maintenance and
adjustment (other than those listed in this manual) should be performed by authorized
service centers or other qualified service organizations, always using identical replacement
Black & Decker tools are properly lubricated at the factory and are ready for use.
Recommended accessories for use with your tool are available from your local dealer or
authorized service center. If you need assistance regarding accessories, please call:
not recommended may be hazardous.
CAUTION: To reduce the risk of injury, use charger
CAUTION: The tool
CAUTION: The use of any accessory or attachment
• Unit will not start.
• Battery not charged.
• Battery will not charge.
• Charger not plugged in.
• Surrounding air
temperature too hot or
For assistance with your product, visit our website www.blackanddecker.com for the
location of the service center nearest you or call the BLACK & DECKER help line at
The RBRC™ Seal
The RBRC™ (Rechargeable Battery Recycling Corporation) Seal on the
lithium-ion battery (or battery pack) indicates that the costs to recycle the
battery (or battery pack) at the end of its useful life have already been paid by
Black & Decker. In some areas, it is illegal to place spent lithium-ion batteries
in the trash or municipal solid waste stream and the RBRC program provides
an environmentally conscious alternative.
RBRC in cooperation with Black & Decker and other battery users, has established
programs in the United States and Canada to facilitate the collection of spent lithium-ion
batteries. Help protect our environment and conserve natural resources by returning the tool
to an authorized Black & Decker service center for recycling. You may also contact your
local recycling center for information on where to drop off the spent battery, or call
All Black & Decker Service Centers are staffed with trained personnel to provide customers
with efficient and reliable power tool service. Whether you need technical advice, repair, or
genuine factory replacement parts, contact the Black & Decker location nearest you. To find
your local service location, refer to the yellow page directory under "Tools—Electric" or call:
1-800-544-6986 or visit www.blackanddecker.com
FULL TWO-YEAR HOME USE WARRANTY
Black & Decker (U.S.) Inc. warrants this product for two years against any defects in material
or workmanship. The defective product will be replaced or repaired at no charge in either of
The first, which will result in exchanges only, is to return the product to the retailer from
whom it was purchased (provided that the store is a participating retailer). Returns should be
made within the time period of the retailerʼs policy for exchanges (usually 30 to 90 days after
the sale). Proof of purchase may be required. Please check with the retailer for their specific
return policy regarding returns that are beyond the time set for exchanges.
The second option is to take or send the product (prepaid) to a Black & Decker owned or
authorized Service Center for repair or replacement at our option. Proof of purchase may be
required.Black & Decker owned and authorized Service Centers are listed under
"Tools-Electric" in the yellow pages of the phone directory.
This warranty does not apply to accessories. This warranty gives you specific legal rights
and you may have other rights which vary from state to state or province to province. Should
you have any questions, contact the manager of your nearest Black & Decker Service
Center. This product is not intended for commercial use.
FREE WARNING LABEL REPLACEMENT: If your warning labels become illegible or are
missing, call 1-800-544-6986 for a free replacement.
LATIN AMERICA: This warranty does not apply to products sold in Latin America. For
products sold in Latin America, check country specific warranty information contained in the
packaging, call the local company or see the website for warranty information.
Black & Decker (U.S.)
701 E. Joppa Rd.
Towson, MD 21286
VISSEUSE SANS FIL LI3000
Merci d'avoir choisi Black & Decker!
Consulter le site Web
pour enregistrer votre nouveau produit.
À LIRE AVANT DE RETOURNER CE PRODUIT
POUR QUELQUE RAISON QUE CE SOIT :
Si des questions ou des problèmes surgissent après l'achat d'un produit Black & Decker,
consulter le site Web
pour obtenir des réponses instantanément 24 heures par jour.
Si la réponse est introuvable ou en l'absence d'accès à Internet, composer le
1-800-544-6986 de 8 h à 17 h HNE, du lundi au vendredi, pour parler avec un agent.
Prière d'avoir le numéro de catalogue sous la main lors de l'appel.
CONSERVER CE MANUEL POUR UN USAGE ULTÉRIEUR.
RÈGLES DE SÉCURITÉ CONCERNANT LES OUTILS À PILES
AVERTISSEMENT : LIRE, COMPRENDRE ET SUIVRE TOUTES LES DIRECTIVES
précisées ci-dessous afin dʼéviter les risques de choc électrique, dʼincendie ou de blessure
CONSERVER CES DIRECTIVES
Aire de travail
• Garder lʼaire de travail propre et bien éclairée; les établis encombrés et les endroits
sombres sont propices aux accidents.
• Ne pas faire fonctionner un outil électrique dans une atmosphère explosive, en
présence par exemple de poussières, gaz ou liquides inflammables. Les outils
électriques peuvent engendrer des étincelles qui pourraient enflammer toute émanation
ou poussière ambiante.
• Tenir les enfants, les visiteurs ou toute autre personne à lʼécart lorsquʼon utilise un
outil électrique; les distractions peuvent faire perdre la maîtrise de ce dernier.
Sécurité – Électricité
• Un outil à piles intégrées ou à bloc-pile externe doit être rechargé seulement au
moyen du chargeur approprié, car un chargeur destiné à une pile particulière peut
entraîner un risque dʼincendie lorsquʼil est utilisé avec une autre.
• Nʼutiliser lʼoutil à piles quʼavec le bloc-pile indiqué, car lʼutilisation dʼun autre type de
piles peut entraîner un risque dʼincendie.
• Check battery charging requirements
• Plug charger into a working outlet.
Refer to "Important Charging Notes" fo
• Check current at receptacle by
plugging in a lamp or other appliance.
• Check to see if receptacle is
connected to a light switch which turn
power off when you turn out the lights
• Move charger and tool to a
surrounding air temperature of
above 40 degree F(4.5°C)
or below 105 degree F (+40.5°C).
– Yellow Pages –
for Service &