Product may vary slightly from what is illustrated.
1. Bake/Broil temperature control dial
2. "On" indicator light
3. Toast color dial
4. Swing-down crumb tray
†5. Slide rack (Part # 178895)
†6. Bake pan (Part # 178896)
† Consumer replaceable
CONTROL PANEL FOR TRO5800
How to Use
This appliance is for household use only.
Important: For warranty verification, do not remove line cord sticker.
Before first use, remove the slide rack and bake pan from oven. Wash in warm, sudsy
water, rinse and dry with dishtowel or paper toweling. Replace slide rack in oven.
IMPORTANT: For best toasting results, use only the top rack position.
1. Position the slide rack in the uppermost rack-slot in the oven with the rack rail up. It is
not necessary to preheat the oven for toasting.
2. Set the toast color dial as desired. For best results, select the medium setting for your first
cycle, then adjust lighter or darker to suit your taste.
3. The "On" indicator light will come on and stay on during the toasting cycle. The oven
will automatically shut off and the "On" indicator light will go out when toasting cycle is
4. To stop toasting at any time, open the oven door. The heating elements will turn off
when the door is opened; the toast color dial will continue to operate. If you want to
discontinue toasting, turn the toast color dial to the "Off" position.
Slide rack position
1. Consult the baking/broiling guide below for the type of food
you want to cook and position the slide rack in the oven as
shown in (A) or (B) above.
2. Turn the bake/broil temperature control dial to the desired
Note: For best results, when baking or cooking, always preheat
the oven for 5 minutes.
3. The upper and lower heating elements will cycle on and off
Alternate rack position
to maintain temperature. Operation is interrupted when the
door is opened. To continue operating, close the door. Check
food for doneness at minimum time.
4. When finished baking, turn the bake/broil temperature
control dial to the Off position.
1. Turn the temperature control dial to BROIL. The oven does
not need to be preheated for broiling.
Slide rack and bake pan
position for broiling
2. Position the bake pan as shown in (C).
3. Use the guide below for cooking times. Check food for
doneness at minimum cooking time.
4. When finished broiling, using oven mitt or pot holder,
remove slide rack with bake pan, and turn the temperature
control dial to OFF.