DATE NUT BARS
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
½ cup sugar
¾ cup unsifted all-purpose flour
¾ tsp. baking powder
generous dash salt
¾ cup chopped dates
½ cup chopped walnuts
In medium bowl, combine eggs, vanilla and sugar. Beat with a hand mixer until thick,
about 3 minutes. Blend in flour, baking powder and salt until fully combined. Stir in dates
Spoon evenly into ungreased, 8-inch, square baking pan. Bake in preheated oven at
350°F in upper rack position with rack down for 30 minutes, until golden on top and until
toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
let cool in pan on wire rack for 20 minutes. Sprinkle generously with confectioners' sugar
and cut into squares before serving.
A great after school snack or a healthy dessert.
Store in an airtight container for up to a week, if they last that long.
Makes about 16 servings.
For service, repair or any questions regarding your appliance, call the appropriate
800 number on cover of this book. Please DO NOT return the product to the place of
purchase. Also, please DO NOT mail product back to manufacturer, nor bring it to a
service center. You may also want to consult the website listed on the cover of this
Two-Year Limited Warranty
(Applies only in the United States and Canada)
What does it cover?
• Any defect in material or workmanship provided; however, Applica's liability will not
exceed the purchase price of product.
For how long?
• Two years after date of purchase.
What will we do to help you?
• Provide you with a reasonably similar replacement product that is either new or
How do you get service?
• Save your receipt as proof of date of sale.
• Visit the online service website at www.prodprotect.com/applica, or call toll-free
1-800-231-9786, for general warranty service.
• If you need parts or accessories, please call 1-800-738-0245.
What does your warranty not cover?
• damage from commercial use
• damage from misuse, abuse or neglect
• Products that have been modified in any way
• Products used or serviced outside the country of purchase
• glass parts and other accessory items that are packed with the unit
• Shipping and handling costs associated with the replacement of the unit
• Consequential or incidental damages (Please note, however, that some states do
not allow the exclusion or limitation of consequential or incidental damages, so this
limitation may not apply to you.)
How does state law relate to this warranty?
• This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may also have other rights that
vary from state to state or province to province.
is a trademark of The Black & decker Corporation,
Towson, Maryland, USA
Made in People's Republic of China
Printed in People's Republic of China