• Care is needed when handling cutting
blades, especially when removing the
blades and during cleaning.
• After cleaning, reﬁt the bowl. This
ensures the coupling underneath is
• This appliance is ﬁtted with overload
protection. If the unit stops working,
switch the unit off and remove the plug
from the power supply, wait for 5 minutes
then replace the plug.
• If the unit does not function please return
it to your local service agent.
Safety of others
• Do not allow children or any person
unfamiliar with these instructions to use
• Do not allow children or animals to come
near the work area or to touch the
appliance or power supply cord. Close
supervision is necessary when the
appliance is used near children.
• This appliance is not intended for use by
persons (including children) with reduced
physical, sensory or mental capabilities,
or lack of experience and knowledge,
unless they have been give supervision
or instruction concerning use of the
appliance by a person responsible for
• Children must be supervised to make
sure that they do not play with the
• Switch off the appliance before cleaning,
changing accessories or approaching
parts which move in use.
• Switch off and remove the plug from the
socket before leaving the appliance
unattended and before changing,
cleaning or inspecting any parts of the
• When not in use, the appliance should be
stored in a dry place. Children should not
have access to stored appliances.
Inspection and repairs
• Before use, check the appliance for
damaged or defective parts. Check for
breakage of parts, damage to switches
and any other conditions that may affect
• Do not use the appliance if any part is
damaged or defective.
• Have any damaged or defective parts
repaired or replaced by an authorised
• Before use, check the power supply cord
for signs of damage, ageing and wear.
• Do not use the appliance if the power
supply cord or mains plug is damaged or
• If the supply cord is damaged, it must be
replaced by the manufacturer or an
authorised Black & Decker Service Centre
in order to avoid a hazard.
• Never attempt to remove or replace any
parts other than those speciﬁed in this
This product must be earthed.
Always check that the power supply
corresponds to the voltage on the rating
Power plugs must match the outlet. Never
modify the plug in any way. Do not use any
adapter plugs with earthed (Class 1)
appliances. Unmodiﬁed plugs and matching
outlets will reduce the risk of electric shock.
Extension cables & Class 1 product
A 3 core cable must be used as your
appliance is earthed and of Class 1
construction. Up to 30m (100 ft) can be
used without loss of power.
To avoid the risk of electric shock, do not
immerse the cord, plug or motor unit in
water or other liquid.