INSTALLATION AND WIRING
Regarding execution and use, be aware of the following.
Do not install the product in the following conditions.
• Where the ambient temperature, ambient humidity, or ambient illuminance of light receiving surface is beyond the range of
specifications ( Page 29 Usage environment)
• Where dew condensation occurs due to rapid temperature change
• In an atmosphere of corrosive gas or flammable gas
• Where the product is exposed to dust, iron powder, and salt
• In an atmosphere where the product is likely to be exposed to organic solvent such as benzene, thinner, or alcohol, or to
strong alkaline materials such as ammonia or sodium hydroxide
• Where heavy vibration or impact is applied
• Where direct sunlight is received
• Where water, oil or chemicals splashes
• Where load is applied to the product
For the usage environment, refer to the general specifications of the following.
MELSEC iQ-R Module Configuration Manual
For details on the sensor head, refer to the general specifications of the following.
MELSEC iQ-R Laser Displacement Sensor Control Module User's Manual (Sensor Head)
Although the sensor head is waterproof, the control module and connectors are not structurally dustproof, waterproof, or
corrosion-resistant. Therefore, measurement underwater or in the rain is not allowed. Be aware of the usage environment.
Warming up time
Allow at least 30 minutes of warming up after emitted laser beam from a sensor head to ensure the performance of the sensor
6 INSTALLATION AND WIRING
6.1 Correct Usage