Important Safety Information
• Ensure the entire dryer exhaust system is clean and free of lint and debris
prior to the installation of your new dryer. The entire exhaust system should
be inspected and cleaned a minimum of every 18 months with normal us-
age. Failure to comply with cleaning your exhaust system will increase the
RISK of FIRE.
• DO NOT install a clothes dryer with flexible plastic or flexible foil venting material.
Flexible venting materials are known to collapse, be easily crushed and trap lint.
These conditions will obstruct clothes dryer airflow and increase the risk of fire.
• DO NOT screen the exhaust ends of the vent system, or use any screws, rivets
or other fasteners that extend into the duct to assemble the exhaust system. NO
screen or grate of any mesh size is allowed to cover the outdoor exhaust opening.
• Install the clothes dryer according to the manufacturer's instructions and local codes.
• Clothes dryer installation and service must be performed by a qualified installer,
service agency or the gas supplier.
• The electrical service to the dryer must conform with local codes and ordinances
and the latest edition of the National Electrical Code, ANSI/NFPA 70, or in Canada,
the Canadian Electrical Code CSA C22.1 part 1.
• The gas service to the dryer must conform with local codes and ordinances and the
latest edition of the National Fuel Gas Code ANSI Z223.1/NFPA 54, or in Canada,
the Natural Gas and Propane Installation Code, CSA B149.1. An individual manual
shutoff valve must be installed within 6 ft. (1.83 m) of the dryer in accordance with
the National Fuel Gas Code, ANSI Z223.1/NFPA 54.
• DO NOT stack a dryer on top of washer already installed on pedestal. DO NOT stack
washer on top of dryer. DO NOT stack washer on top of another washer.
• The dryer is designed under ANSI Z21.5.1/CSA 7.1 or UL 2158 - CAN/CSA C22.2
No. 112 (latest editions) for HOME USE only. This dryer is not recommended for
commercial applications such as restaurants, beauty salons, etc.
• Destroy the carton and plastic bags after the dryer is unpacked. Children might use
them to play. Cartons covered with rugs, bedspreads, or plastic sheets can become
airtight chambers causing suffocation. Place all materials in a garbage container or
make materials inaccessible to children.
• To reduce the risk of severe injury or death, follow all installation instructions in this
The instructions in this manual and all other literature included with this dryer are not
meant to cover every possible condition and situation that may occur. Good safe
practice and caution MUST be applied when installing, operating and maintaining any
For your safety, the information in this manual must be followed to minimize the risk of
fire or explosion or to prevent property damage, personal injury or loss of life. DO NOT
store or use gasoline or other flammable vapors and liquids in the vicinity of this or any
RISK OF FIRE