To reduce risk of fire or serious injury to
persons or property, comply with the
basic warnings listed in the Important
Safety Information and those listed
Cleaning the filter
Clean the lint filter after every load.
CLEAN LINT will be displayed at
the end of the cycle to remind you to
remove lint from the filter.
Clean the lint filter after every load. Lint
build-up on the filter restricts air flow, which
causes longer drying times. The filter is
located at the bottom of the door opening.
Cleaning the LuxCare
1. Remove the filter by pulling it straight up
from the dryer.
2. Press down the center tab on the top
of the filter to open the clamshell.
3. Gently clean the lint from the filter.
Care and Cleaning
4. Snap the filter closed and place back
into the dryer.
• DO NOT open the clamshell filter
beyond the hinge limit.
• ALWAYS handle the clamshell filter by
the frame, not by the mesh material.
• Occasionally a waxy build-up may form
on the lint filter and/or moisture sensing
bars from using dryer-added fabric
softener sheets. To remove this build-up,
wash them with warm, soapy water. Dry
the filter thoroughly and replace. DO
NOT operate the dryer without the lint
filter in place.
• If the dryer drum becomes stained from
non colorfast fabrics, clean the drum
with a damp cloth and a mild liquid
household cleanser. Remove cleanser
residue before drying the next load.
• Before cleaning the dryer drum interior,
unplug the electrical power cord to avoid
electrical shock hazards.
• DO NOT use any type spray cleanser
when cleaning the dryer interior. Hazard-
ous fumes or electrical shock could occur.
• Every 18 months a qualified service
professional should clean the dryer
cabinet interior, lint screen housing
and exhaust duct. These areas can
collect lint and dust over time. An
excessive amount of lint build-up
could result in inefficient drying and
possible fire hazard.
• Clean the dryer cabinet with mild soap
and water. Never use harsh, gritty or
• If the cabinet becomes stained, clean
with diluted chlorine bleach (1 part
bleach to 8 parts water). Rinse several
times with clear water.
• Remove glue residue from tape or labels
with a mixture of warm water and mild
detergent. Or, touch residue with the
sticky side of the tape or label.