1. Hang the garment to be steamed on a clothes hanger
(Curtains or drapes can be steamed once they are hung).
2. Move the selector to
3. Hold the iron close to, but not touching, the fabric.
4. Pull the fabric tight in your free hand and pump the
button as you move the iron over the fabric (G).
IRONING WITH SPRAY (TANK 1)
Using Downy Wrinkle Releaser
1. Grasp tank fill cap, twist and pull off. Be careful not to pull it
too hard (H).
2. Pour Downy Wrinkle Releaser
button to apply to fabric as you iron.
4. If spray is weak, pump the button a few times.
Using Water Only
Important: For best results, do not mix tap water with Downy
1. Repeat step 1 above.
2. Using a clean cup, fill Tank 1 with water (K).
button to spray water as you iron.
4. If spray is weak, pump the button a few times
The anti-drip system prevents water spotting at low temperatures.
EMPTYING TANK 2 AFTER IRONING (OPTIONAL)
1. Turn the fabric-select dial to Min. Unplug the iron and let it cool.
2. Open the water-fill cover.
3. Empty the water by holding the iron over a sink with the tip
pointing down. Water will empty out of water-fill opening (L).
Care and Cleaning
This product contains no user serviceable parts. Refer service to
qualified service personnel.
liquid into opening to fill
CLEANING OUTSIDE SURFACES
1. Make sure iron is unplugged and has cooled completely.
2. Wipe the soleplate and outer surfaces with a soft cloth dampened with water and a
mild household detergent. Never use abrasives, heavy-duty cleansers, vinegar or
scouring pads that may scratch or discolor the iron.
3. After cleaning, steam iron over an old cloth to remove any residue from the steam
To keep the steam vents free of any buildup, about once a month follow these instructions.
1. Fill Tank 2 with water well below the MAX line.
2. Plug in the iron.
3. Turn the fabric-select dial to 6 and stand the iron on its heel rest. Allow it to heat until
the auto shutoff indicator light goes out and comes on again.
4. Turn fabric-select dial to Min, unplug the iron and hold over a sink with the soleplate
5. Press and hold the self-cleaning button. Be careful as hot water
and steam will come out of the steam vents (M). Continue
to hold the button until all the water has emptied, or until you
feel all mineral deposits have been flushed. If necessary, rock
iron side to side and front to back.
6. When finished, release the button, stand the iron on its heel rest
and plug it in. Heat for about 2 minutes to dry out any
CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE OF TANK 1
About once a month, to keep Tank 1 free and clear of any buildup or deposits you should
follow these instructions.
1. Unplug iron.
2. Over a sink, remove the cap on Tank 1.
3. Empty any remaining contents of Tank 1.
4. Fill half of Tank 1 with warm water.
5. Replace the cap and shake the iron vigorously to remove deposits.
6. Remove the cap, empty the contents.
7. You are now ready to refill the tank with water or Downy Wrinkle Releaser