Automatic Shutoff in 3 Positions
Your iron will automatically turn off after 30 seconds of inactivity
if left on its soleplate or on its side. If left vertically on its heel rest,
it will turn off after 8 minutes (D).
The unit beeps six times and the LED indicator light blinks to let
you know the iron has shut off.
Once you pick up the iron, an internal motion-sensitive detector is activated and the iron
starts heating again. You might have to move the iron or shake it gently until the LED
indicator light stops blinking.
Note: Wait for iron to reheat completely before resuming operation.
The anti-drip system prevents water spotting at low temperatures.
IRONING WITH STEAM
Smart Steam™ Technology
The Smart Steam™ system automatically generates the right amount of steam for the fabric
type selected at high temperature settings. Once you select the temperature, the Smart
Steam™ technology detects the set temperature and adjusts the steam power accordingly.
Note: At high temperature settings, it is not necessary to hold the steam button for steam ironing.
Using steam button will provide an extra powerful burst of steam to help remove tough wrinkles.
Surge of Steam
Use to remove stubborn creases.
1. With the water tank filled to the MAX mark, set fabric selection
dial to appropriate fabric setting. Read garment's label to help you
determine fabric type.
Note: Steam is automatically turned off at Synthetic, Silk and Rayon
2. Select the desired fabric setting. The LED indicator light next to the fabric
type you selected blinks until it reaches the appropriate temperature.
3. Press the surge-of-steam button
(F). For best performance, leave an interval of 5 seconds between
Important: Always stand the iron on its heel rest when powered on
but not in use.
Use for removing wrinkles from hanging clothes and drapes.
1. Be sure the water tank is filled to the MAX mark.
2. Hang the garment to be steamed on a clothes hanger. (Curtains or drapes can be steamed
once they are hung.)
3. Turn the fabric-select dial to appropriate fabric setting. The LED
indicator light next to the fabric type you selected blinks until it
reaches the appropriate temperature.
4. Hold the iron close to, but not touching, the fabric.
5. Pull the fabric tight in your free hand and pump the surge-of-steam
button as you move the iron over the fabric (G).
Important: Always stand the iron on its heel rest when powered
on but not in use.
to generate a burst of steam
Use to dampen tough wrinkles at any setting.
1. Be sure the iron is filled with water.
2. On first use, pump the spray button
IRONING WITHOUT STEAM
1. Select the Synthetic, Silk or Rayon setting to iron without steam.
The Smart Steam™ system will automatically turn off and there will
not be any steam generated.
2. To dry iron at Wool and Cotton settings, empty the water from the reservoir to prevent
3. Plug in the iron, select desired fabric setting. The LED indicator light next to the fabric type
you selected blinks until it reaches the appropriate temperature.
EMPYTING WATER TANk (OPTIONAL)
Note: It is not necessary to empty the water after each use.
1. Unplug the iron and let it cool.
2. Open the water-fill cover.
3. To release the water, hold the iron over a sink with the tip pointing
down. Water will empty out of the water-fill opening (J).
Care and Cleaning
This product contains no user-serviceable parts. Refer service to qualified service personnel.
CLEANING OUTSIDE SURFACES
1. Make sure iron is unplugged and has cooled completely.
2. Wipe the soleplate and outer surfaces with a soft cloth dampened with water.
3. Use mild household detergent. Never use abrasives, heavy-duty cleansers, vinegar
or scouring pads that may scratch or discolor the iron.
4. After cleaning, steam iron over an old cloth to remove any residue from the steam vents.
AUTO CLEAN ® SYSTEM
1. Fill the water tank well below the MAX line. Plug in the iron.
2. Select Cotton setting and stand the iron on its heel rest.
3. Wait for the LED indicator light to stop blinking.
4. Unplug the iron and hold over a sink with the soleplate facing down.
5. Press and hold the AUTO CLEAN ® button. Be careful, as after
several seconds, hot water and steam will come out of the steam
vents (k). Continue to hold the AUTO CLEAN ® button until all the
water has emptied. If necessary, rock iron side-to-side and front-to-
6. When finished, release the button, stand the iron on its heel rest
and plug it in.
7. Heat the unit for about 2 minutes to dry out any remaining water.
STORING YOUR IRON
1. Unplug the iron and allow it to cool.
2. Store vertically on its heel rest to prevent water leaking from the soleplate.
several times (H).