External Equipment V
External Equipment V
Watching DTV Setup (option)
(When the Interface board is installed.)
- To watch digitally broadcast programs, purchase/connect a
digital set-top box.
How to connect a user-supplied Digital Set-Top Box
- Connect DTV set-top box video output to set COMPONENT
(DVD/DTV INPUT) or to the set RGB (PC/DTV INPUT) or to
the set HDMI/DVI (PC/DTV INPUT) connector depending on
your set-top box connectors.
- Connect DTV set-top box audio outputs to set AUDIO INPUT
How to use
1. Turn on the a digital set-top box. (Refer to the owner's manual
for the digital set-top box)
2. Use INPUT or MULTIMEDIA on the remote control to select
- To enjoy vivid picture and sound, connect a PC to the set.
- Avoid keeping a fixed image on the set's screen for a long period of time. The fixed image may become permanently
imprinted on the screen; use a screen saver when possible.
- Connect PC to the RGB INPUT(PC INPUT) or HDMI/DVI INPUT(DIGITAL RGB INPUT) port of the set; change the resolu-
tion output of PC accordingly.
- There might be a noise according to some resolution, vertical pattern, contrast or brightness in PC mode. Then change the
PC mode into other resolution or change the refresh rate into other rate or adjust the brightness and contrast on the menu
until the picture is clean. If the refresh rate of the PC graphic card can not be changed, change the PC graphic card or
consult it to the manufacturer of the PC graphic card.
- The synchronization input form for Horizontal and Vertical frequencies is separate.
Setup Instructions to Connect a PC to your set
- We recommend using 1024x768, 60Hz for the PC mode, they provide the best picture quality.
- If the resolution of PC is over UXGA, there will be no picture on the set.
- Connect the signal cable from the monitor output port of the PC to the RGB INPUT port of the set or the signal cable from
the DVI output port of the PC to the HDMI/DVI INPUT port on the set.
- Connect the audio cable from the PC to the Audio input on the set. (Audio cables are not included with the set).
- If using a sound card, adjust PC sound as required.
- This set apply a VESA Plug and Play Solution. The set provides EDID data to the PC system with a DDC protocol. The PC
adjusts automatically to use this set.
- DDC protocol is preset for RGB (Analog RGB), DVI (Digital RGB) mode.
- If required, adjust the set settings for Plug and Play functionally.
- If graphic card on the PC does not output analog and digital RGB simultaneously, connect only one of both RGB INPUT or
HDMI/DVI INPUT to display the PC on the set.
If graphic card on the PC output analog and digital RGB simultaneously, set the set to either RGB or HDMI; (the other
mode is set to Plug and Play automatically by the set.)
- DOS mode may not work depending on video card if using a DVI-I cable.
1. Turn on the PC and apply power to the set.
2. Turn on the display by pressing the POWER button on the set's remote control.
3. Use the INPUT or MULTIMEDIA button on the remote control to select the
4. Set the resolution output of the PC to SXGA or under (1280 x 1024, 60Hz). (Refer to p. 13)
12 PLASMA MONITOR
• DTV Input signal