a Start Relay, CR320, will be energized.
b The RM7890A flame relay will be energized and perform its safe
c "IGNITING PILOT" will be displayed and the ignition transformer
and pilot solenoid valves will be energized.
10 If a satisfactory pilot flame is detected by the UV scanner:
a Flame signal strength will be displayed on the HMI
b A "PILOT ON" message will appear.
c The ignition transformer will be de-energized.
d Power will be supplied to the main fuel valves.
e "MAIN VALVES ON" followed by "MAIN FLAME TRIAL" will be
displayed as the flame relay performs a 10 second main flame
trial for ignition.
11 After the ignition trial, has completed, the pilot solenoids will be
de-energized and the pilot will go out.
12 When a 10 second internal timer has been completed:
a The pilot scanner will be de-energized, (If applicable).
b The burner control motor will be released from low fire, and re-
spond to the motor positioning outputs of the temperature con-
13 Start material flow to the dryer. Use the ▲ and ▼ keys of the
Temperature Controller to manually control the burner firing rate,
or press the MANUAL/AUTO key on the controller to begin au-
tomatic temperature control.
➔ The center, LOW FIRE, position of the MODE switch will return
the burner to its low fire position.
➔ In the event of a Temperature Controller failure, the MAN. (MANU-
AL) position of the control MODE selector will enable the Operator
to increase (INC) or decrease (DEC) the burner via the MANUAL
14 To terminate burner operation, press the STOP pushbutton.
a Run Relay, CR102, will be de-energized and the RESET indicator
will come on.
b Purge Complete relay, CR228, and Start Relay, CR320, will be
de-energized and a "BURNER STOPPED" message will appear.
c The Honeywell RM7890 flame relay will be de-energized.
d All fuel valves will be de-energized.
e The burner control motor will drive closed.
AssIstAnCe In tHe eVent oF MALFUnCtIon
? no power to instruments or indicators.
• Check for 120Vac between L1 and L2. Reset circuit breaker.
? "WAItInG FoR PURGe LIMIts"
• Check purge limits series: 120Vac on terminals 19, 24C,
24B, 24A and 24.
? "WAItInG FoR LoW FIRe LIMIts"
• Check low fire series: 120Vac on terminals 19, 21B, 21A and
? "IGnItIon FAILURe Reset ReQUIReD"
• Verify operation of pilot solenoids and ignition transformer.
Check pilot adjustment and fuel supply.
• Check for 120Vac on terminals 8 and 9.
• Replace flame relay.
? FLAMe ReLAY FAULt Reset ReQUIReD
• Verify pilot and main burner setup.
• Clean UV scanner lens and verify operation.
? "eXHAUst FAn FAULt"
• Monitor module 1 input 2. Check exhaust flow switch (termi-
nal 12) and exhaust fan interlock (terminal 13)
? "CoMBUstIon AIR FAULt"
• Monitor module 1 input 3. Check combustion air interlock
(terminal 14) and air pressure switch (terminal 16)
? "LoW GAs PRessURe"
• Monitor module 1 input 4. Verify that the manual gas valve is
open and that the low gas pressure switch is made (120Vac
? "HIGH GAs PRessURe"
• Monitor module 1 input 7 and the high gas pressure switch is
made (120Vac on terminal18)
? "oIL PRessURe FAULt"
• Monitor module 1 input 5. Verify that the manual valve is
open and that the low and high pressure switches are made
(120Vac on terminal17A)
? "AtoMIZInG AIR FAULt"
• Monitor module 1 input 6. Verify that compressed air is avail-
able and that the supply pressure switch is made (120Vac on
? "oIL teMPeRAtURe FAULt"
• Monitor module 1 input 7. For heavy oil systems, verify that
oil heater is operating and that both the low and high oil
temperature switches are made (120Vac on terminal18)
? "CoMPResseD AIR FAULt"
• Monitor module 2 input 3. For oil firing with compressed air
atomization, the compressed air pressure switch must close
within 5 seconds after the compressed air solenoid is ener-
gized (120Vac on terminal 30A)
? "HIGH LIMIt FAULt"
• Monitor module 2 input 2. (120Vac on terminal 26) Observe
the display and OUT indicator of the High Temp Limit instru-
ment. "OPEN" indicates an open TC or broken wire. The
instrument must be manually reset by pressing the RESET
? "stACK teMP neAR LIMIt"
• Warns the Operator that the High Limit instrument is nearing
the High Limit setpoint (factory set at 380 F). Manually de-
crease the burner firing rate or increase material feed rate to
avoid burner shutdown.
? PURGe tIMeR not set
• Warns the operator that the internal purge timer has not
been set in the PLC.
HUMAn MACHIne InteRFACe (HMI) sCReens
F1 Displays limits and system status along with flame signal strength.