Your Black & Decker Hair Dryer has been designed
for drying hair as described in this manual. This
product is intended for household use only.
Warning! When using mains-powered appliances,
basic safety precautions, including the following,
should always be followed to reduce the risk of fire,
electric shock, personal injury and material
• Read all of this manual carefully before using the
• The intended use is described in this manual. The
use of any accessory or attachment or the
performance of any operation with this appliance
other than those recommended in this instruction
manual may present a risk of personal injury.
• Retain this manual for future reference.
Using your appliance
• Switch off the appliance before changing
accessories or approaching parts which move
when in use.
• Make sure that the appliance is switched off
before connecting to or disconnecting from the
• Always take care when using the appliance.
• Do not use the appliance outdoors.
• Do not operate the appliance if your hands are
• Do not operate the appliance if you are barefoot.
• Do not touch moving parts. Keep long hair and
loose clothing out of the way of the moving
• Guide the power supply cord neatly so it does
not hang over the edge of a worktop and cannot
be caught accidentally or tripped over.
• Never pull the power supply cord to disconnect
the plug from the socket. Keep the power supply
cord away from heat, oil and sharp edges.
• Switch off and wait for the motor to stop running
before disconnecting the appliance from the
• Never detach any part or accessory while the
appliance is still connected to the power supply.
Always disconnect the appliance from the power
• If the power supply cord is damaged during use,
disconnect the appliance from the power supply
immediately. Do not touch the power supply cord
before disconnecting from the power supply.
• Disconnect the appliance from the power supply
when not in use, before fitting or removing parts
and before cleaning.
Safety of others
• Do not allow children or any person unfamiliar
with these instructions to use the appliance.
• Do not allow children or animals to come near the
work area or to touch the appliance or power
supply cord. Close supervision is necessary
when the appliance is used near children.
• The appliance is not intended for use by young or
infirm persons without supervision.
• Children must be supervised to make sure that
they do not play with the appliance.
• Switch off and remove the plug from the socket
before leaving the appliance unattended and
before changing, cleaning or inspecting any parts
of the appliance.
• When not in use, the appliance should be stored
in a dry place. Children should not have access
to stored appliances.
Inspection and repairs
• Before use, check the appliance for damaged or
defective parts. Check for breakage of parts,
damage to switches and any other conditions
that may affect its operation.
• Do not use the appliance if any part is damaged
• Have any damaged or defective parts repaired or
replaced by an authorised repair agent.
• Before use, check the power supply cord for
signs of damage, ageing and wear.
• Do not use the appliance if the power supply cord
or mains plug is damaged or defective.
• If the power supply cord or mains plug is
damaged or defective it must be repaired by an
authorised repair agent in order to avoid a
hazard. Do not cut the power supply cord and do
not attempt to repair it yourself.
• Never attempt to remove or replace any parts
other than those specified in this manual.