9. To use skillet for table service, unplug appliance.
To remove the variable temperature control probe,
hold the cool-touch handle on to the side of the
skillet. Press the quick-release lever and pull out
the control (E).
USING THE ADJUSTABLE PAN-TILT LEG
This skillet is designed for:
• healthy cooking
• easy cleanup
To set the pan-tilt leg in position, tilt the skillet before
preheating by putting the leg straight down under the
cool-touch handle (F). The drippings and oil will flow
to the tilted side of the skillet and away from the food.
Whenever the pan is hot be sure to protect hands
by using a hot pad or glove when aligning or releasing
the lift (G).
GETTING THE MOST FROM YOUR SKILLET
A few guidelines to give great cooking results and prolong the life of your skillet:
• It is not necessary to use high heat when browning or frying foods. The heat
distribution is so efficient medium heat is sufficient.
• Use only wood, plastic or nylon utensils that are suitable for hot surfaces.
Do not use metal utensils.
• Do not use aerosol nonstick cooking spray on the cooking surface of the skillet.
• Use olive oil or butter, if desired. Neither is necessary; the foods will cook on
the nonstick surface without sticking.
• Do not cut foods in the skillet; it will damage the nonstick surface.
• Allow pan to return to room temperature before cleaning.
• When storing the skillet, line the cooking surface with paper towels to preserve
the nonstick finish.
SAUTÉED TILAPIA WITH GINGERED PINEAPPLE SAUCE
1 cup thinly sliced purple onion
2 tbsp. butter or margarine
cup pineapple juice
2 tbsp. lime juice
1/2 cup halved seedless green grapes
1 orange, peeled, cut in half and sliced
1 cup cubed mango
2 tbsp. slivered orange peel
1 tbsp. grated fresh ginger
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
6 tilapia fillets (about 1
1 tbsp. cornstarch
Hot cooked rice
Heat Black & Decker
electric skillet to 350°F. Cook onion in 1tbsp. butter for
3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add 1
Stir in grapes, orange pieces, mango, orange peel, ginger salt and pepper.
Cook 3 minutes longer, stirring occasionally.
Blend remaining 1/4 cup pineapple juice with cornstarch. Stir into pineapple juice
mixture and cook, stirring, until thickened and smooth. Remove to bowl and keep
Raise temperature to 375°F. Add remaining tablespoon butter to skillet and cook
fish until golden on both sides and fully cooked.
Return sauce to skillet and heat through.
Serve over rice and garnish with sliced toasted almonds, if desired.
Makes 6 servings.
CARNE CON PAPAS
BEEF WITH POTATOES
2 lb. beef, cubed
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 can ( 14
oz.) tomato sauce
1 cup dry white wine or cooking wine
3/4 cup water
1 large onion, chopped
3 large cloves garlic, minced
1 bay leaf
1 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. salt
cups pineapple juice and lime juice.