11. When cooking is complete, with lid closed, raise the
handle until it locks in place and let the food drain
several seconds (J). Press the lid release button
and open the lid.
12. Carefully remove the basket and turn the food out
onto a paper towel lined plate to drain.
13. Replace the basket in the appliance. Close the lid
and lower the basket. Allow the fryer to regain the
set temperature (about 5 minutes) before frying
another batch of food.
14. Repeat step 13 as necessary to cook additional food.
15. When cooking is complete, set the temperature dial to MIN and unplug the
HELPFUL HINTS ABOUT YOUR FRYER
1. Preheat oil before first frying. Also, allow the oil to return to proper
temperature before cooking another batch of food.
2. do not overfill the basket. Be sure the foods to be cooked are fully covered
by the oil.
3. Season fried foods when they are still hot and fresh from the fryer.
4. Never overfill the fryer. There must be room for the hot oil to rise when
food has been added.
5. If food is cooking too quickly on the outside before the center can be fully
• Check the temperature of the oil with a deep frying thermometer
and check the freshness of the oil. It may be time to discard oil and
• lower the temperature.
6. High heat, water and burnt food particles break down the oil. Always strain
cooled used oil through a cheese cloth or paper towel lined strainer after
7. To preserve the life of your oil, store used oil tightly sealed in a cool dark
place between usages. on average, oil can be reused about 6 times before
8. oil should be discarded after frying if you notice:
• extreme smoking at normal frying temperatures
• Very darkened oil
• Rancid smelling oil
• excessive foaming around food being fried
9. dry foods fry best. dry foods with a paper towel. Make sure there are no
ice crystals on frozen foods to be fried.
10. Make sure to remove excess batter before placing food in hot oil.
11. Keep foods to a uniform size and thickness.
12. For better fresh French fries, soak cut potatoes in cold water for ½ hour
before frying. drain well and dry thoroughly before frying. Fry in small
batches and allow temperature of oil to recover before frying another
13. Preheating the basket helps to prevent foods from sticking to the basket.
Care and Cleaning
This product contains no user serviceable parts. Refer service to qualified
Important: Always unplug the unit and allow it to cool completely before
discarding the oil and cleaning.
Note: You do not have to change the oil after each use. oil can be re-used until it
gets dark or there is visible debris (such as batter or bits of food) in it.
1. Unplug unit from wall outlet.
2. Remove magnetic end of power cord from the unit socket.
3. Be sure the oil is completely cool before removing the cooking pot.
4. Store the cooled oil in its original container.
Cooking Pot and Frying Basket
1. Wash frying basket in the dishwasher, or wash by hand with a non-abrasive
liquid cleanser using a nylon pad to remove any remaining oil.
2. Wash cooking pot by hand with a non-abrasive liquid cleanser using a sponge
or nylon pad to remove remaining oil.
• do not use any abrasive cleaners, coarse cleansers, or metal pads as they may
damage the nonstick coated surface.
• Be careful not to bang the pot as any dents can affect future performance.
3. After washing, dry the cooking pot, frying basket and handle thoroughly.
Note: over time and repeated use, there may be some fat buildup in the pot and
on the basket. This is normal.
do NoT IMMeRSe THe UNIT. Wipe it with a damp sponge or cloth and liquid
1. open the lid and pull straight up to remove it (K).
2. Wash the lid in warm soapy water using a sponge
or nylon pad with liquid detergent.
3. Rinse, and dry thoroughly.
4. To reattach the lid, insert it straight down into the
notches in the unit until it snaps in place.
Important: Be sure the lid is securely in place.