How to Use
This product is for household use only.
• Remove all packing material and any stickers.
Remove and save literature.
• Please go to www.prodprotect.com/applica to register
• To open fryer, press lid release
• Pull up on basket handle until it locks horizontally
(B). Remove basket.
• lift out the nonstick cooking pot (C).
• Wash all removable parts as instructed in CARe ANd
CleANINg section of this manual.
• Select a location where this unit is to be used
allowing enough space for back of the unit and the
wall to allow heat to flow without damage to cabinets
• This fryer has a detachable cord with a magnetic
power attachment to be inserted to the rear of the
fryer. This must be inserted with the words THIS SIde
UP facing upward (D).
• Place cooking pot into fryer with indentation in
cooking pot facing forward (E).
• Close the lid on the fryer.
• Plug unit into standard electrical outlet.
Important: When the fryer is functioning, the oil gets extremely hot. Use
caution at all times. Do not touch any of the metal parts, such as the basket
or cooking pot once the appliance is heating.
TO BEGIN COOKING
2. The preheat indicator light will stay on until the selected temperature has
3. Raise the basket by lifting the handle so that it is parallel to the counter and
clicks into place.
4. Allow the basket to drain several seconds. Press the lid release
to open the lid.
5. Fill basket with foods to be cooked. do not overfill.
6. Close the lid and lower the basket into the fryer by pressing the handle
release button and lowering the handle into the vertical position until it
locks into place flat along the front of the fryer.
Note: once timer has begun counting down, the time cannot be increased.
To stop timer, hold down button several seconds until timer goes to zero.
Set a new time.
9. If not turned off, the timer will repeat the audible signal once more before
turning itself off.
10. To turn food during cooking, lift the basket, open the lid and carefully turn
food using heat resistant tongs or slotted spoon. Reclose lid; lower the
basket and allow food to continue cooking.
• Place basket in cooking pot and press switch on
handle to lower it into its resting position parallel to
the front of the fryer (F).
• Fill cooking pot to MIN (6 cups / 1.4 liters) or MAX
(8 ½ cups/ 2 liters) with clean peanut, vegetable,
canola or corn oil. do not use olive, sunflower or
1. Select the desired cooking temperature by turning
the temperature dial so that the point on the dial is
directly at the desired temperature (G).
Note: Use the frying guide on the front of the appliance
and the charts and recipes found in the Use & Care as a
guide to determine temperature and amounts of foods
to be cooked in each batch.
7. Set the timer on the bottom right of the fryer (H).
8. The timer counts down in minutes until the last
minute when it counts down the seconds. There is
an audible signal for 8 seconds when timer reaches