Coarse to fine chopping of nuts, vegetables and fruits
Grinding hard cheeses, spices and coffee beans
Baby foods – fruits and vegetables
Milk shakes and malts
Frozen drinks; smoothies
Care and Cleaning
This product contains no user serviceable parts. Refer service to qualified service
Note: Do not attempt to sharpen the cutting edges of the blades or discs. They are
permanently sharpened at the factory and will be ruined by attempted sharpening.
C RE ND CLE NING
Note: Before cleaning, be sure unit is turned off and cord is unplugged.
• Completely disassemble processor parts before washing.
• Whenever possible, rinse parts immediately after processing for easy cleanup.
• Wipe base and feet with a damp cloth and dry thoroughly. Stubborn spots can
be removed by rubbing with a damp cloth and a mild, nonabrasive cleaner.
Do not immerse base in liquid.
ll removable parts can be washed by hand or in a dishwasher. Hand washing
of plastic parts will help to maintain the processor's appearance.
• If washing by hand, fill workbowl with hot soapy water and rapidly raise and
lower the cutting blade and discs up and down on the center shaft.
• If your sink has a sprayer nozzle, you will find it helpful in rinsing the blades.
• If washing in a dishwasher, place removable parts on top rack only – not in or
near utensil basket.
• Some staining of parts may occur. Make a paste of 2 tablespoons baking soda /
1 tablespoon water. pply to stains and let stand overnight. Rinse and dry.
• Do not use rough scouring pads or cleansers on any plastic or metal parts.
• Do not allow blades or discs to soak in water for long periods of time.
• Remove the workbowl cover and blade. Invert an empty 35-mm film canister
over the hole in the workbowl. Fill with hot, soapy water and allow to soak.
• Remember to clean the internal shaft of the chopping blade; use a baby bottle
brush to remove any clogged food particles.
• If you are having trouble closing the cover over the workbowl, apply a small
amount of vegetable oil to the rim of the cover and workbowl. This should
make the pieces work smoother when attaching the cover to the bowl.
SPIN CH PESTO PIZZ
1 recipe for pizza dough (see below)
cup spinach pesto (see below)
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
4 plum tomatoes, sliced
cup shredded Parmesan cheese
¼ cup loosely packed thin strips basil leaves
Salt and pepper
Place ball of dough on lightly floured board; cover with plastic wrap and let rest
10 minutes. Roll out dough to 14-inch circle. Transfer to 14-inch lightly greased
and dusted non-stick pizza pan or pizza peel* dusted lightly with cornmeal and
shape pizza into 14-inch circle; lift edge and pinch to form a lip.
Spread pesto evenly on prepared crust leaving about ½-inch border. Sprinkle
mozzarella cheese evenly over pesto.
Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and basil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Bake in preheated 450° F. till crust is browned and cheese is golden, about 12
Makes one 14-inch pizza.
* If using a pizza stone; preheat stone for 45 minutes. Slide the pizza off the
pizza peel onto the preheated stone.
SPEEDY PROCESSOR PIZZ DOUGH
1¼ teaspoons active dry yeast
cups warm water (105 - 115° F.)
¼ teaspoon sugar
3½ to 3¾ cups unsifted all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons olive oil
Sprinkle yeast over water; add sugar and let stand until yeast is dissolved, about 5
Position dough blade in large workbowl of processor.
olive oil. With processor running, gradually add yeast mixture down food chute.
dd additional flour to make a soft dough. Continue processing dough for 1
minute. Transfer dough to lightly floured board. Shape into ball and cover with
towel or large bowl. Let dough rest for 10 minutes.
On lightly floured board, knead several times until smooth and elastic; form into
ball. Place in greased bowl, turning to grease top.
Cover and let rise at room temperature until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
Punch dough down.
rrange tomato slices over cheese.
dd 3 cups flour, salt and