HELPFUL TIPS WHEN USING THE DOUGH BL DE:
• For best results do not prepare recipes using more than 3 ½ cups flour.
• Begin with 1 cup less than the maximum amount of flour and add additional
flour once mixture is well blended.
• Pour liquid through food chute gradually.
• Knead dough no longer than 1 minute.
• Do not leave processor unattended during operation.
HOW TO SLICE OR SHRED IN L RGE WORKBOWL
1. Lock workbowl into position (see Illustrations B and C).
2. Place disc stem onto center post in workbowl.
3. Carefully place slice/shred disc on stem with appropriate side up (depending on
work to be done).
Caution: The blade attachments are very sharp. Use caution when handling and
4. Place cover on workbowl and lock into place by rotating cover clockwise (see
5. Fill feed chute with food. Select regular opening or wide-mouth, depending
upon size of food to be processed. Position food pusher over food (H).
6. Select PULSE, LOW or HIGH; press firmly on food pusher to guide food
through processor, but do not force it.
Note: Heavy pressure on the pusher does not speed the work; use the pusher only
as a guide. Let the processor do the work.
7. When finished, press OFF/PULSE and wait for disc to stop rotating before
removing cover. Twist cover toward
8. Carefully remove slice/shred disc. Unlock workbowl by turning it
counterclockwise and lifting it off the base.
9. Unplug appliance when not in use.
Helpful Tips When Slicing and Shredding:
• Before slicing round fruits and vegetables in the processor, cut a thin slice
from the bottom so food will be more stable. Place food cut side down in
lways remove seeds and pits before processing.
• Select foods that are firm and not overripe.
• Remove the core from hard vegetables, such as cabbage.
• When slicing thinner vegetables, cut them just short of the length of the feed
chute and stand them vertically in feed chute so they are solidly packed and
cannot turn or tilt.
• Shred hard cheeses at room temperature.
• Soft and semi-hard cheeses should be well chilled before shredding.
fter food has been processed, remove the cover and invert on countertop.
Remove the slice/shred disc before removing the workbowl from the processor.
Place the disc on top of the inverted workbowl cover.
GENER L GUIDELINES FOR USING THE FOOD PROCESSOR:
1. Organize processing tasks to avoid multiple cleanups of the bowl; process dry
lthough plastic parts of the processor are dishwasher safe, wash them by
hand to retain their clear appearance.
3. To easily clean the workbowl, once empty add a drop of detergent and a little
hot water and pulse several times. Rinse before reusing.
4. The processor will be more efficient if filled no more than ½ to
5. To take advantage of the speed of the processor, drop foods through the food
chute with the processor running.
pply light pressure on the pusher for soft foods (berries and tomatoes) and
slightly more pressure for hard foods (onions and potatoes).
7. Do not process foods that are so frozen or so hard that the tip of a knife cannot
be inserted into the food.
8. When chopping dried fruits add a little flour to keep the pieces from sticking
9. Chill soft cheeses before slicing and shredding to prevent the cheese from
rolling into a ball on the disc.
10. When using the slicing / shredding disc do not let the food accumulate too
high; stop and empty the workbowl.
11. Do not use the processor to:
• Grind bones, grains or hard spices
• Liquefy fruits and vegetables
• Slice warm meat and hard cooked eggs; chill them first.
HOW TO USE THE BLENDER
BLENDER J R SSEMBLY
1. Turn blender jar upside down and place flat on counter top or work surface.
2. Put the gasket on top of the blade assembly. Place the blade assembly with
gasket in bottom opening of the jar with blades down.