HS800Pub168633-38RV4 6/2/04 11:47 AM Page 4
Product may vary slightly from what is illustrated.
1. Cover with Tabs
2. Rice Bowl
3. Steaming Bowl
4. Drip Tray
5. Steaming Guide (on back of unit)
9. Flavor Scenter Screen
10. Water Reservoir with Fill Marks
11. Heater Element
How to Use
COOKING IN THE STEAMING BOWL
1. Fill the Water Reservoir with cold tap water to the appropriate fill line.
NOTE: For extra flavor, you may add lemon juice, broth or white wine to the
water in the Reservoir. Do NOT use beer, red wine, oil, extracts (i.e., vanilla)
or fruit juices in the Reservoir as they may stain.
2. Hold the Drip Tray by the handle and place it into
the Base (Figure A).
3. Place herbs in the Flavor Scenter Screen for added flavor
Important: To prevent small herbs or ground spices from
falling through the Flavor Scenter Screen, rinse or wet the
screen before adding seasonings.
You may use the Drip Tray without adding herbs to the Flavor
Scenter if you prefer.
NOTE: Use the Drip Tray whenever the Rice Bowl is not
used. It prevents fats/juices from dripping into the water
and bubbling up into the Steaming Bowl. If you like, save
these juices for gravy, sauce, or soup starters.
4. Place food in the Steaming Bowl and cover it so that the
Cover handles line up over the Bowl handles and the tabs
fit properly into the openings.
5. Put the Steaming Bowl onto the Base, plug in and
set the Timer for the desired cooking time, up to
75 minutes. When the time is up, a bell will ring,
the cooking Light will go out, and the unit will auto-
matically shut off. Some liquid will remain in the
CAUTION: Always use pot holders to remove the Cover.
Be sure to lift the Cover away from your face and body to
avoid escaping hot steam.
NOTE: If the desired cooking time is less than 15 minutes, first turn the Timer past
15 and then turn it back to the desired cooking time.
6. The Cover can be turned over and used as a trivet for the Steaming Bowl
(Figure C). Unplug, remove the Steaming Bowl, and place on the inverted
7. When cooking in the Rice Bowl, add rice, herbs, seasonings, and water direct-
ly to the Bowl and fill the water Reservoir to the appropriate line. Put the
Steaming Bowl onto the Base and place the Rice Bowl with contents into the
NOTE: Do NOT use the Drip Tray or Flavor Scenter Screen with the Rice Bowl.
8. The Rice Bowl can also be used for cooking vegetables or other foods with
sauces, poaching chicken or fish in liquids, or reheating foods like casseroles.
9. Use pot holders, when lifting the Steaming Bowl, Drip Tray, or Rice Bowl by its
handles after steaming.