This document contains important safety and operating
instructions. Please read these instructions carefully and
save them for future reference.
Before using the battery charger, read all the instructions and
cautionary markings on (1) the charger, (2) the battery, and (3) on
the radio using the battery.
2. Use of accessories not recommended by Motorola may result in
risk of fire, electric shock, or injury.
3. To reduce risk of damage to the electric plug and cord, pull by
the plug rather than the cord when disconnecting the charger.
4. An extension cord should not be used unless absolutely nec-
essary. Use of an improper extension cord could result in risk
of fire and electric shock. If an extension cord must be used,
make sure that the cord size is 18AWG for lengths up to 100
feet (30.48 m), and 16AWG for lengths up to 150 feet
5. To reduce risk of fire, electric shock, or injury, do not operate
the charger if it has been broken or damaged in any way.
Take it to a qualified Motorola service representative.
6. Do not disassemble the charger; it is not repairable and
replacement parts are not available. Disassembly of the
charger may result in risk of electrical shock or fire.
7. To reduce risk of electric shock, unplug the charger from the
ac outlet before attempting any maintenance or cleaning.
1. To reduce risk of injury, charge only the
rechargeable Motorola authorized
batteries listed in Table 1. Other batteries
may explode, causing personal injury