5. Cleaning and Maintenance
5.1 Cleaning the Device
The device's exterior surface should be cleaned before and after each patient use and more often
1. Unplug the device and clean the front panel and exterior of the enclosure as needed using one
of the following cleaning agents:
a. A clean cloth dampened with water and a mild detergent
b. 70% Isopropyl alcohol
d. 10% Chlorine bleach solution
2. Inspect the device and tubing for damage after cleaning. Replace any damaged parts.
3. Allow the device to dry completely before plugging in the power cord.
5.2 Cleaning and Replacing the Air Filter
Under normal usage, you should clean the air filter at least once every two weeks and replace it
with a new one every six months.
1. If the device is operating, stop the airflow. Disconnect the device from the power source.
2. Remove the filter from the enclosure.
3. Examine the filter for cleanliness and integrity.
4. Wash the filter in warm water with a mild detergent. Rinse thoroughly to remove all
Chapter 5 Cleaning and Maintenance