6. STARTUP OPERATION
The instructions in this chapter should be followed when starting up the air compressor for the first time or after a
long term suspension.
6.1 Startup Operation of the Air Compressor
● Before connecting the power, verify that the air compressor is correctly installed, piped and wired.
● Check the power supply; verify that it is firmly grounded and that the voltage is within an allowable
range (-5% to +10%).
● Remove transport fixtures (3 locations in yellow). If you run the air compressor leaving the transport
fixtures attached, it may break the pipes due to excessive vibration.
● When transporting the unit, tighten All 4 transport fixture
● Ensure that the main motor is properly greased during the start up commissioning. If the air
compressor has not been operated for (3) months, grease before restarting. (
6.1.1 Before Operation
If the compressor (Air-cooled model) restart just after
stopped, the air compressor shutdowns by fan motor over-
load with indication of OVERLOAD SUB in LCD monitor
and E0.53 in digital monitor. Reset and restart the air com-
pressor after 30 seconds or more.
① Fill the oil in the oil filling port until the oil reaches
the upper red line on the oil level gauge.
Use the recommended oil indicated in 2.3.
② Close the petcock and cooling water drain valve and
open the manual stop valve for cooling water.
③ Verify that the pressure and flow rate of the cooling
④ Connect the power, and verify that the POWER light
is ON. (
⑤ In case of Reverse phase indication on LCD monitor,
4.2 and take proper action.
Hitachi does NOT fill the air compressor with oil.
Before startup operation, fill the air compressor
with the oil. If oil is not added and the air
compressor is operated, it may burn or fail.
9.4 14 )