90516580 CDC9600 CDC1200 etc
SAFETY WARNINGS AND INSTRUCTIONS: DRILLS
1. Hold drill firmly with one hand on the grip and the other hand on the bottom of the
2. When attaching accessories in the drill chuck, hand tighten the keyless chuck firmly.
WARNING: Drill may stall (if overloaded or improperly used) causing a twist. Always
expect the stall. Grip the drill firmly with both hands to control the twisting action and
prevent loss of control which could cause personal injury. If a stall does occur, release
the trigger immediately and determine the reason for the stall before re-starting.
TRIGGER SWITCH & REVERSING BUTTON (FIGURE E)
The drill is turned ON and OFF by pulling and releasing the trigger switch (1). The
farther the trigger is depressed, the higher the speed of the drill.
A forward/reverse control button (2) determines the direction of the tool and also
serves as a lock off button.
To select forward rotation, release the trigger switch and depress the forward/reverse
control button to the left.
To select reverse, depress the forward/reverse control button the opposite direction.
NOTE: The center position of the control button locks the tool in the off position.
When changing the position of the control button, be sure the trigger is released.
TORQUE CONTROL (FIGURE F)
This tool is fitted with a collar (3) to select the operating mode and to set the torque for
tightening screws. Large screws and hard workpiece materials require a higher torque
setting than small screws and soft workpiece materials.
For drilling in wood, metal and plastics, set the collar to the drilling position symbol
For screwdriving, set the collar to the desired setting. If you do not yet know the
appropriate setting, proceed as follows:
Set the collar to the lowest torque setting.
Tighten the first screw.
If the clutch ratchets before the desired result is achieved, increase the collar setting
and continue tightening the screw. Repeat until you reach the correct setting. Use this
setting for the remaining screws.
KEYLESS CHUCK (FIGURE G)
To insert a drill bit or other accessory:
1. Grasp the rear half of the chuck (4) with one hand and use your other hand to rotate
the front half in the counterclockwise direction, as viewed from the chuck end.
2. Insert the bit or other accessory fully into the chuck, and tighten securely by holding
the rear half of the chuck and rotating the front portion in the clockwise direction as
viewed from the chuck end.
Do not attempt to tighten drill bits (or any other accessory) by gripping the
front part of the chuck and turning the tool on. Damage to the chuck and personal injury
may occur when changing accessories.
For driving fasteners, the reversing button should be pushed to the left. Use reverse
(button pushed to the right) for removing fasteners. When moving from forward to reverse,
or vice versa, always release the trigger switch first.
ON BOARD BIT STORAGE
A bit storage slot is built-in to the area just above the battery pack.
• Use sharp drill bits only.
• Support and secure work properly, as instructed in the Safety Instructions.
• Use appropriate and required safety equipment, as instructed in the Safety Instructions.
• Secure and maintain work area, as instructed in the Safety Instructions.
• Run the drill very slowly, using light pressure, until the hole is started enough to keep the
drill bit from slipping out of it.