1 pound (454g) Italian flavored chicken
2-1/2 cups ziti pasta
16 ounces (454g) ricotta cheese
1 package (8 ounces) (227g) shredded
mozzarella cheese, divided
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Position sausage links on drip tray over oven pan and broil 12 to 13 minutes in Dining-In Convection
Counter Top Oven/Broiler. Turn and broil until done on other side. Remove from oven and cut into
1/4-inch (.64 cm) slices.
2. Cook ziti according to package directions; drain when done.
3. In medium bowl, combine ricotta cheese, 4 ounces (113g) mozzarella cheese, Parmesan
cheese, basil, salt and pepper. Blend well.
4. Preheat oven at 400˚F (204˚C) for 10 minutes. Transfer ziti to oven pan. Dot with cheese mixture;
top with sausage slices, pushing slices down into mixture. Pour spaghetti sauce over top. Add
water to spagetti jar, cover and shake. Drizzle over contents of oven pan. Spread sauce evenly
over top to cover all ziti and sausage pieces.
5. Bake at 400˚F (204˚C) for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese and cook
5 to 10 minutes longer, or until cheese melts and is lightly browned.
Makes: 8 servings (1-1/4 cups/serving)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 medium zucchini, sliced into 1/4-inch
(.64 cm) slices (about 1 pound/454g)
3/4 cup frozen corn
1/4 cup ricotta cheese
1-1/4 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
with jalapeno peppers, divided
1. Brush bottom of oven pan with oil. Arrange zucchini slices on bottom and sprinkle corn over
top. Broil for 5 minutes in the Dining-In Convection Counter Top Oven/Broiler. Turn zucchini
over and broil 5 minutes more. Remove from oven and transfer vegetables to bowl. Preheat
oven at 450˚F (232˚C) for 10 minutes.
2. While vegetables are broiling, stir together ricotta cheese, 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese,
cumin and salt and pepper to taste.
3. Place 2 tortillas on bottom of oven pan. Spread 1/4 cup salsa over tortillas. Top with half the
cheese mixture, half the zucchini/corn mixture, half the red peppers, and 1 tablespoon cilantro.
Repeat with another layer of tortillas, salsa, cheese, and vegetables in same order.
4. Top with remaining 2 tortillas, salsa, cilantro and 1/4 cup Monterey Jack cheese. Cover pan
with aluminum foil and bake at 450˚F (232˚C) for 30 minutes. Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes
Makes: 2 servings (1 layered tortilla stack/serving)
Baked Ziti with Chicken Sausage
Spicy Tortilla Lasagna
1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 jar (25 to 32 ounces) (708-908g) spaghetti
1/4 cup water
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
Salt and pepper to taste
3/4 cup bottled salsa, favorite kind
6 corn tortillas (6-inch/15 cm size)
1 jar (7 ounces/198g) roasted red peppers,
drained and patted dry
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro