You can pour a cup of coffee while coffee is brewing without
leaking from the brew basket.
When finished pouring coffee, place the carafe under brew basket.
The brewing process continues (E).
Important: To avoid possible overflow after removing the carafe,
be sure to replace the carafe under the brew basket within one
minute or less.
Care and Cleaning
CLEANING YOUR COFFEEMAKER
This product contains no user serviceable parts. Refer service to qualified service personnel
1. Be sure the unit is unplugged and cooled.
2. Grasp the small handle on the brew basket and swing basket completely open.
3. Remove the brew basket by lifting the basket straight up and
off of pivot hinge (F)
4. Discard the grounds. Wash the filter.
5. Clean parts as follows:
• Brew basket, carafe and lid are all top rack dishwasher safe;
or they may be hand washed in warm, sudsy water.
• Wipe the exterior and the "Keep Hot" plate with a soft damp cloth. Do not use abrasive
cleansers or scouring pads. Never immerse the coffeemaker in water.
6. Insert brew basket onto pivot hinge and swing closed.
CARING FOR YOUR CARAFE
A damaged Carafe may result in possible burns from a hot liquid. To avoid breaking:
• Do not allow all liquid to evaporate from the carafe while on the "Keep Hot" plate or heat
the carafe when empty.
• Discard the carafe if damaged in any manner. A chip or crack could result in breakage.
• Never use abrasive scouring pads or cleansers, they will scratch and weaken the glass.
• Do not place the carafe on or near a hot gas or electric burner, in a heated oven, or in a
• Avoid rough handling and sharp blows.
MINERAL DEPOSITS AND CLOGGING
Mineral deposits left by hard water can clog your coffeemaker. Excessive steaming or a
prolonged brewing cycle are signs that a cleaning is needed. Cleaning is recommended at
least once a month.
1. Pour white vinegar into the water reservoir up to the 6-cup level on the water window.
Add fresh water up to the 10-cup line, and close the reservoir lid.
2. Grasp brew basket by small handle and swing open.
3. Put filter in the brew basket, swing the basket closed and be sure it latches. Set the empty
carafe on the "Keep Hot" plate.
4. Turn the coffeemaker on and let half the cleaning solution brew into the carafe. Turn the
coffeemaker off and let it soak for at least 15 minutes to soften the deposits.
5. Turn the coffeemaker on and brew the remaining cleaning solution into the carafe.
6. When the cleaning solution has finished brewing, empty the carafe and rinse with clean
7. Refill the reservoir with cold water to the 10-cup line, replace the empty carafe, place the
filter in the brew basket, then turn on the coffeemaker and run another brew cycle to flush
out the remaining cleaning solution.
8. Wash the brew basket and carafe and carafe lid as instructed in "Care and Cleaning."